Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing........ Just a little explanation would be good. I see it in alot of posts and people talkin about it.

I would like to put some more mods on my bike but dont know what to do next.

It came with a stage 2 jet kit,aftermaket chain and sprokets (same size as stock though want to go up a few teeth in back and down 1 in front) K&N filter and I have put on a TwoBrothers Racing C-4 slip on.

Any advice would be great.........and Please refrain from flaming, some of us only know how to ride the things not make them better or fix them when they are broke.

·
Registered
559 Posts
PCIII or Power Commander 3 is a box to tune the fuel injection. It's like putting a jet kit on a carburated bike.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd look at either your saddle or your suspension next.

Corbin or Sargent make great saddles for the F3 (I've ridden both, and while they are different, both are very good).

For an F3 on the street, I would recommend a FOX shock -- they are more affordable than either Penske or Ohlins by far, and are, at least for street apps, just as good. If you do the rear, take your forks to someone who can do racetech work -- that way, the suspension will be balanced. Depending on where you live, there may also be one of the handful of well-known suspension specialty shops in your area, which usually have pretty competitive pricing.

Doing anything more to the engine at this stage, probably including a full system, is not worth it -- you'll save a little weight with the system, but everything will be very expensive and cost you gas mileage and engine life.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys very much for your advice. I have one more Question...........I have heard rumors and cannot find answers about the Smokin Joes Version F3 Do any of you know or know where I can Find out (website maybe?) What is different about A smokin joes F3 and a regular F3 97-98 of course... I have heard that they built up to immulate the actual race bike.

thanks for any info

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
98CBRF3 said:
Thank you guys very much for your advice. I have one more Question...........I have heard rumors and cannot find answers about the Smokin Joes Version F3 Do any of you know or know where I can Find out (website maybe?) What is different about A smokin joes F3 and a regular F3 97-98 of course... I have heard that they built up to immulate the actual race bike.

thanks for any info
It's a paintjob, nothing more.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what i thought.............but a local dealer in town will not do a 4,000 mile service on my bike cause it is smokin joes What kind of crap is that? :thumbd:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
98CBRF3 said:
That is what i thought.............but a local dealer in town will not do a 4,000 mile service on my bike cause it is smokin joes What kind of crap is that? :thumbd:
Sounds like ArizonaMotorsports. Take it to a dealer that isn't owned by these bozos.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
98CBRF3 said:

you have a 97 - and it only has 4000 miles :idunno: ? AND you live in Arizona - dude, you have to ride more

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
98CBRF3 said:

Tell them it's just a decal set and to stop smoking crack.

·
Registered
121 Posts
98CBRF3 said:
Do you have any other service options? It means that that mechanic is too stupid to open a can of beans, and your business is best brought elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ask them if they can spell their own names. Then ask if they're the firstgeneration of their family to walk upright. Doofus's

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bubba said:
you have a 97 - and it only has 4000 miles :idunno: ? AND you live in Arizona - dude, you have to ride more

HAHAHAHA No I have a 98 and it has 6500 miles on it,,,, but i just bought it maybe 6 months ago from a guy who never rode it. it was a steal,, but i dont know what if any service he did to it so better safe than sorry ya know?? but i got the bike for 4,000 dollars and it had 5128 miles on it when i bought it. i sold my YZF 600R to buy the CBR.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
redcliffs said:
Do you have any other service options? It means that that mechanic is too stupid to open a can of beans, and your business is best brought elsewhere.

Yea I found a better place yesterday Southern Arizona Motorsports (SAMS) These guys are great and alot cheaper.

is arizona motorsports and Tucson Motorsports the same company then? cause it was Tucson Motorsports that i went to and these people are clown shoes man..................they tried to charge me 560.00 dollars for a valve adjustment and tune up...... :rant:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
98CBRF3 said:
they tried to charge me 560.00 dollars for a valve adjustment and tune up...... :rant:

that is what i paid for my first service on the priller :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts