Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have told me Belray is good. Any other suggestions? Btw I have a 99 CBR600 (not that it would make any difference I guess)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was using the Motul race but switched over to the Belray super clean, very happy with it, no more mess!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I use a few drops of oil every few days or whatever is available for the last 25,000 miles. Still on my first chain. I'm cheap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
PJ1 Blue Label
+1 very good stuff, let it sit about 15-20 mins and never have a mess

My local Honda dealer didnt have it last time I went, and had to use some other ****.....I am still cleaning my swing arm, horrible stuff....I think it was made by Castrol or something...

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
ahh, i dont really mind the mess as i have to clean it anyway.

I use white lithium grease, my mates were using it for donkey years and i have just started. It flicks sometimes, but dries up when its on the fairings.

Dont know if you get it over there, but i use flash degreaser to get rid of the dirt/grease/marks on my blade, then out comes the polish..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Maxima Crystal Clear or something like that was terrible. I still have the almost full can. It was supposed to be anti-fling and would be cleaning it off for a week after each application and it was a sticky/gooey mess. I went back to using what the manual reccommends (80-90w gear oil) and it flings less and is cleaner. I broke down and bought a bottle of Maxima Chain Wax last week and just fully cleaned the chain tonight and applied the wax. It is drying in the garage right now. I have heard that it does not fling but that it is harder to clean it off when the time comes. I used to use a chain wax product on my bicycle and really liked it. Much cleaner.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Update: Now that I actually have actually used the Maxima Chain Wax I can say that I like it better than anything I have tried so far. It needs to be applied a little more often but is much cleaner.

·
Registered
226 Posts
scot oiler i have tried just about everything scot oiler you fill it up forget about for about 500 to 600 miles the best thing since sliced bread :smokin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Honda Pro.Clear and clean.
I read an article in Cycle World about a man who was a fixture in the MotoGP (formerly FIM500) paddock. His main function was to lube all the riders chains just before the race. He used straight 80w-90 gear oil applied from a small plastic bottle. This oil is exactly what Honda recommends. You all know that gear oil has a distinct , pungent smell to it. This is exactly what Honda Pro chain lube smells like. They add a tacking agent to it and put it in aerosol form.
No matter what you use remember that most lubes are best applied on a warm chain and left to cool.

On the subject of chains- does it pay to remove the chain now and then and give it a real good soaking and cleaning? Is it a big deal to remove the chain?

·
Registered
13 Posts
MCN had a comparison test a few years ago.
I think they have recommended Yamahas among others . The dealer here uses Silkolene

1 - 20 of 78 Posts