Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been looking around for the best helmet intercom system, so that we could talk to each other easily. Anyone use them and what brand do you recomend? I've done a bit of research and nothing looks too promising, and the prices are all over the board. Thanks.:D

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a Chinese knock off intercom for me and my woman off e-bay. They were under $100 for the pair. They lack bass and you can't really talk when you're doing over 150km/hr (but who needs to talk at those speeds anyways). Other than that they work Just fine when cruising around town. It also bluetooths to my phone for calls and music. Overall it was a good purchase for $100.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have the interphone 6 rider system and have had it for a few years, mine is the older version which have a different mounting to the new version. This was the main problem I found with the earlier clamps design and being plastic they were quite brittle and would break, I overcame this problem by making a clamp from a piece of alloy but I see they have designed a new clamp to rectify.

The volume and clarity is excellent in regards to listening to music and phone calls on the move, people talking to me on the phone don't have any idea I am on a moving bike even though there is a bit of helmet noise.
I did find that the intercom to my passenger was a little noisy possibly due to the units being close together but still good enough to do the job.
One other problem was that the aerial dislodged but a little silastic fixed that problem.
If there was an incoming call whilst listening to the music the call would take priority and it would auto answer the call unless you pressed a button.

2× BT Interphone Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Multi Intercom Headset 6 Riders | eBay

·
Registered
560 Posts
I nearly went deaf yesterday when I took my new helmet for a (long) ride, supposedly one of the quietest helmets on the market (Bell Rs1). My ears were ringing the rest of the day. Because there's no padding around the ears with these new lids and i'm too old school to fart around with ear-sets and blue-tooth.
Never had that problem with my old Nolan. Ive got some foam rubber stuffed in the ear pockets for the next run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been using the Scala Rider G8 Intercom Systems for some time now and I find them extremely useful with good functionality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best intercom system I've come across, value for money and excellent communication is the interphone F3MC
The range is extensive depending on what you require . I bought this system from an Italian company called motointercom . They are the cheapest on the market £130.00 for two devices.
I've got two Shoei flip helmets and the system fits in perfect
Five star good luck ????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts