Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Poor CBR629 - the reason for all the jokes is, you didn't do a search. Steering dampers have been discussed about a bijillion times. And it all boils down to personal preference between a rotary type and a piston type. Of these two types, Ohlins (piston) and Scotts (rotary) seem to be the two favorites. You can't go wrong with either. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Bacchus said:
Poor CBR629 - the reason for all the jokes is, you didn't do a search. Steering dampers have been discussed about a bijillion times. And it all boils down to personal preference between a rotary type and a piston type. Of these two types, Ohlins (piston) and Scotts (rotary) seem to be the two favorites. You can't go wrong with either. :thumb:
Hmm, not sure if I like this kinder, gentler Bacchy :hmm:

:p

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've done a lot of searching and it seems that the top choices are either the Ohlins or Scotts.

I finally decided to go with the Scotts primarily b/c I prefer the look, which is subjective. I've also read that it's more of a "set it and leave it" stabilizer for everyday street use.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I notice he managed to avoid the "damper/dampener/dampner" trap. Let's give him points for that at least! :thumb:

Z...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, I have read some of the earlier threads, and Yes Ohlins and Scotts have been the preference. However let me ad one, the HyperPro RSC the technology of speed sensing damping makes this one to consider.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts