Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen any fireblades around my area and if I have Im sure I didnt know what it was lol....

but my question is: what is the difference between the fireblade 929 and just the plain ole cbr 929? I like the colors of the fireblades but is there any performance difference or are they the same?

Taraist
:eyebrows:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Fireblades are called that everywhere but here, in the US. Which means Canada, Europe, Japan, Australia...

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
sasakzootoo said:
Wonder why that is. Is it a marketing thing??
Most likely an insurance thing. Same reason the Hurricane became a CBR600F(2,3,4,4i,RR). Put a dangerous or fast sounding name on something and insurers that might not have known exactly what the bike is will have a better idea. For example, there's a big difference between a Honda VTR1000 and RVT1000 in reality but on paper they look almost identical...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol...thanks for the welcome!!

And thanks for the info. That is weird how they change stuff around just to make it sound better or less "dangerous". I would LOVE to have one of the fireblade schemes, just to be the only one to have one around here (that I know of so far)

and what is the HISS Security system? ( I mean I know WHAT it is but what is the HISS part of it)

·
Registered
799 Posts
1 Fast 929RR said:
and what is the HISS Security system? ( I mean I know WHAT it is but what is the HISS part of it)
a CBR is Left hand drive, a Fireblade is right hand drive.

HISS is just the acronym for it.

Honda Ignition Security System

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Depending on how bad you want the Fireblade paint scheme, you can always order the plastics from Canada I believe...

·
Registered
303 Posts
You know what they call a plain ole 929 in France?

They don't call it a plain ole 929?

Nahh, they got the metric system over there...they wouldn't know what the fack a plain ole 929 is

What'd they call it?

Fireblade

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ahhh I see...

and Cyber lol nicely put. I see you on the other DFW Boards...what's your name?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
CyBeR929 said:
You know what they call a plain ole 929 in France?

They don't call it a plain ole 929?

Nahh, they got the metric system over there...they wouldn't know what the fack a plain ole 929 is

What'd they call it?

Fireblade
:rotfl:
a bit of pulp fiction if I'm not mistaken.

actually 929 is the metric version, cubic centermeters as opposed to cubic inches like a harley is rated

:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Some useless information: The name 'Fireblade' is a bad Japanese-to-English translation of the French word for lightning! :idunno:

·
Registered
303 Posts
1 Fast 929RR said:
ahhh I see...

and Cyber lol nicely put. I see you on the other DFW Boards...what's your name?
I'm Mike...recovering plain ole 929 owner (and missing it to some degree). I've seen you on local boards and I always associate you with some MC shop over in Arlington...do you work at a MC shop? If so, do you have any leads on good MC painters in the area? There's a friend on this board that's looking to get some paint work done...any ideas? :idunno:

Welcome to the .org

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CyBeR929 said:
I'm Mike...recovering plain ole 929 owner (and missing it to some degree). I've seen you on local boards and I always associate you with some MC shop over in Arlington...do you work at a MC shop? If so, do you have any leads on good MC painters in the area? There's a friend on this board that's looking to get some paint work done...any ideas? :idunno:

Welcome to the .org

thanks for the welcome and it's nice to meet you Mike. Yeah Imma board junkie for sure lol and I used to work for the old MotoShaq back in the day before Nick and Stacey bought it out and changed everything over. Garcias Paint and Body He goes by BingBing on the DFW Boards and a great close friend of Patrick Stephens. He Paints Pats bike and some other cars as well and was going to paint our show truck but we never got around to it. Hes bad ass. Send him a PM I dont have his number on hand as of right now.

I love this smilie ~~~>:eyebrows:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts