Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK basically grade is rise over run expressed as a percentage (for those that don't know)

For instance my driveway drops 5" over the length of a 48" level resulting in a grade of
10.4%

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
OK basically grade is rise over run expressed as a percentage (for those that don't know)

For instance my driveway drops 5" over the length of a 48" level resulting in a grade of

10.4%
Sheep what do you park in a 48 inch driveway?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I give it a B for originality, but the potholes are not spaced evenly, so I'd have to say a C+ overall.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
My drive's grade depends upon the amount of rain recieved at one time as of now. While the house at the lake is being built everything is redclay. Until the Land Maintenance and Landscape is done I will have to fail my future drive.

Oh - and My drive has multiple grade because of it's length. I'm sorry Sheep, but I have more than 48". Mine's bigger than yours. (You're most likely already used to hearing that though.)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
A four foot driveway? :huh:
Mine's a bit over 100' long. But it is relatively flat. For the most part the drainage is slightly to the right - away from the house side.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My drive's grade depends upon the amount of rain recieved at one time as of now. While the house at the lake is being built everything is redclay. Until the Land Maintenance and Landscape is done I will have to fail my future drive.

Oh - and My drive has multiple grade because of it's length. I'm sorry Sheep, but I have more than 48". Mine's bigger than yours. (You're most likely already used to hearing that though.)
:huh: the obsession with 48" is strange. The way I measured was take a 48" level set one end on the drive and lift the other until level then measure rise :smilebig: My drive ain't long but exceeds 48" and yes it is steep

1 - 20 of 26 Posts