Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this might be beating a dead horse. i did not find the info i needed. what exactly is the PAIR valve? what do you exactly do to it? and are there any extra pieces i need to buy to do this?

also a link to the DIY proccess would be great!

Thanks

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Well, one reason is to stop backfiring on decel, another is if you plan on sealing your airbox and probably the best reason is to make it practical to correctly map your A/F ratio if you have any dyno tuning performed.

Oh, and you lose about 1.5 lbs of junk and make a very crowded area on the engine somewhat less cluttered . . .

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
abtech said:
Well, one reason is to stop backfiring on decel, another is if you plan on sealing your airbox and probably the best reason is to make it practical to correctly map your A/F ratio if you have any dyno tuning performed. Oh, and you lose about 1.5 lbs of junk and make a very crowded area on the engine somewhat less cluttered . . .
What he said...LOL I just don't want you getting all excited, run out get the parts, do the mod and wonder why nothing really happened. :(

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
CBRBob said:
What he said...LOL I just don't want you getting all excited, run out get the parts, do the mod and wonder why nothing really happened. :(
Actually I'm looking forward to this mod. I have my bypass caps ready, just haven't got around to it yet. The decel popping (especially after exhaust mods) is quite audible. Even with my earplugs in, I hear the popping. Street riding it gets a little annoying, but trackdays it's really noticable. Plus like Abtech said, one less thing taken care of if you get a custom map made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts