Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
It appears to be one of the air intake tubes. In the lower section there should be a small solenoid actuator that operates a flow control flapper. This is sometimes referred to as a 'flapper mod' when they're removed. However, there are vacuum tubes attached to that that run to the fuelling. I think you might have missed as connection somewhere, hence the no start problem. (If this is wrong, extra pics will help:wink)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I have searched for a vacuum line which the device has a nozzle for, but cant find one. Any suggestions are appreciated. Here is another pic.

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think that 11/12 is the device. (see pictures) Again, where does the vacuum tube go to and from? This was the only change before it quit starting.

·
8,152 Posts
I don't think that 11/12 is the device. (see pictures) Again, where does the vacuum tube go to and from? This was the only change before it quit starting.
It's your bike, you would know more than I, but you haven't given me any reason to doubt it's what I suggested according to the fiche picture. I looked throughout the fiche for something similar, and that's all I could find, so I'm pretty confident that's the part. That being said, your no start condition must be something else.

When you say "only change", what change? What did you do?

Why do you believe there is some sort of vacuum tube that connects to it? If that small nipple has a hole in it, it looks more like a drain, to drain accumulated water from the resonator.

The mounting tabs and your broken plastic stud with the screw still in it looks like it matches the fiche picture, although I will admit your part doesn't 100% match the part in the picture, but Honda does that sometimes.

Any other pics or information?

·
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your help. The bike was tipped over in the garage. I guess I do not understand how this device, without an electrical, vacuum or air, could keep it from starting.If you can point me in any direction to get this fixed, I would appreciate..

·
8,152 Posts
Thanks for all your help. The bike was tipped over in the garage. I guess I do not understand how this device, without an electrical, vacuum or air, could keep it from starting.If you can point me in any direction to get this fixed, I would appreciate..
Ok, so it fell over? Could be the “bank angle sensor” that needs to be reset. When the bike senses that it has “tipped over”, a sensor cuts the ignition. Could be that. I don’t know however, how it resets.

Give that a Google and see if it helps.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Ok, so it fell over? Could be the “bank angle sensor” that needs to be reset. When the bike senses that it has “tipped over”, a sensor cuts the ignition. Could be that . . .
Yep, making sense now. Just shows that even what might be the most 'irrelevant' information might be crucial to solving a problem.:smile

1 - 12 of 12 Posts