Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Replaced my head gasket b/c coolant was being pressurized, and everything besides the head gasket was working fine before this. Now I've put everything back together, the head gasket issue is fixed (coolant no longer pressurized) but now there's obviously a problem somewhere else...I though it might be the CCT because I did have to disassemble that, but it sounds like the noise is coming from the left side of the bike, and the CCT is on the right side...although I could be wrong...

Video: https://imgur.com/a/2GajG4j

I asked a friend and he said it was the timing and I need to drop the engine again to adjust the camshaft "EX" and "IN" to make sure they're flush. the thing is, I thought they were flush and if what he's saying is true how will I know I get it flush this time if I thought I did it last time? If this is the problem what other steps can I take to make sure that this bike is fixed :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
That’s bad, you need to retrace your steps there, maybe someone else knows what it is. Is the exhaust removed it sounds loud.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,168 Posts
Yeah, yikes, that sounds really bad. Almost like valves are hitting pistons.

If you can’t set the timing while it’s in the frame, then drop it before more damage occurs.

Make sure you have the right camshafts in the right spots (I say that because it’s easy to mix them up). Intake intake-exhaust exhaust.

Post some pictures of your timing marks. Did you do the repair yourself? If so, what service manual did you follow...Haynes-Clymer-OEM

I hope there isn’t any further damage. Good luck, let us know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts