Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my 954 gas tank off for painting and I noticed all these curly metal shavings at the bottom of my fuel pump/ fuel tap, located at the bottom of the tank.   Are these some sort of factory secondary fuel filters, or does my tank has a ton of crap  at the bottom?  It almost feels like a metal brillo pad.  Before I reinstall the tank and fuel unit, I'd love to know  what I should do with this stuff.  Please look at the pics and see if it looks familiar.

Joel

·
Banned
127 Posts
i think you have one of those limited edition 954s with the built in flux capacitor, and when your friends took your bike out for a joyride while you were passed out, they accidentally went to the future where they got on some hot alien bitches n shiit, but unbeknownst to them they picked up some unwanted hitchikers and brought them back. yes, its unfortunate but true, you have cybernetic rats from the future living in your motorcycle

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Fuel Return Filter....PN# 16714 MBG-000

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I'm not sure what it's purpose is but it's normal. We looked at that for awhile when Joel changed his fuel filter, too. I assume it's a screen to catch the big junk.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
It is there to create some cavitation around the fuel pump to use ALL of the available fuel when the tank is low. It is not a filter.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I thought it was there to filter the fuel that returns from the regulator?

My bad.....

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
actually, it's the remnants of Sishiro's old scouring pads that they couldn't legally throw away in Japan without invoking the ire of the Fujiyama club . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts