Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a set of simple tire warmers (TyrSox), and now I need a generator to power them. My wife can also use it when she goes to dog shows to power her dog dryer (kind of like a big blowdryer I guess).

Any suggestions on a type of generator I should be looking for? :idunno: Thanks!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That dog dryer might use tons of current (more than the 1000i and even 2000i is a definite possiblity, I've seen hair dryers that pull over 1500 Watts). Hair dryers use an amazing amount of power.

Look up how much it uses, and then size a Honda generator to suit.

They cost bucks, but are well worth it.

Edit, just checked my GF's hair dryer, it pulls 1850 Watts. That stupid thing would take a 2000i of its very own.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
You need the Honda 2000, check RV sites like mayberrys and such, I have seen them for about a grand shipped. About 50 pounds and runs about 5 hours full tilt, alot longer on with less draw.

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Honda 3000 or Yamaha 3000.....my yamaha 3000 with boost is just as quiet if not more than the honda, but it has 4 wheels and the honda does not. My partner has the honda...either one is an excellent choice!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
BTW, always use the stupid fleecy things on your TyrSox.

I tested this with an infrared camera, and in the lab, basically still air conditions, the fleeces were worth about 10ºC more temp in the tires. Mine got up to around 60ºC with an ambient temp of 23ºC.

Attachments

Reactions: bwhip

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
luvtolean said:
BTW, always use the stupid fleecy things on your TyrSox.

I tested this with an infrared camera, and in the lab, basically still air conditions, the fleeces were worth about 10ºC more temp in the tires. Mine got up to around 60ºC with an ambient temp of 23ºC.
Thanks, I'll do that. I know there are better tire warmers out there, but for $100 for the set, used for just six trackdays, I figured I couldn't go wrong.

BTW, I bought the Honda 2000 generator. Thanks again, everybody.

·
Registered
626 Posts
luvtolean said:
Edit, just checked my GF's hair dryer, it pulls 1850 Watts. That stupid thing would take a 2000i of its very own.
:rotfl:Tell her it's a stupid thing and see how long you end up on the couch... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts