Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Your best bet is probably a plasma - having said that, I'd probably get blinds if at all possible. Even with the brightest TV, the sun is still gonna kill the picture.

Z...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zeeman said:
Your best bet is probably a plasma - having said that, I'd probably get blinds if at all possible. Even with the brightest TV, the sun is still gonna kill the picture.

Z...

Blinds are in the budget, but won't filter all of the sun. Thanks dude. Any recomendations as to brand and why?

HD

·
Registered
301 Posts
Aim the slats on the blinds up, it darkens better that way. Darkening the room is the best answer because no matter how bright the TV is the sun is usually brighter.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Luckily my wife is a bit of a thug, so I just have her stand in front of the window when I want to watch a movie.... :evilaugh:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baketech said:
Luckily my wife is a bit of a thug, so I just have her stand in front of the window when I want to watch a movie.... :evilaugh:
Dude! She's gonna kick your ass. Truth be told you didn't really crash your bike did you? She actually opened a can on you huh? That's what I thought.

Use dark wood blinds if you can. Vinyl ones won't block out much light and the white wood ones aren't much better.
My wife has some picked out that she likes that are a heavy cloth (maybe canvas) that roll up and down. The thing is that there is still a gap around the blind where the sun shines through.

HD

·
Registered
551 Posts
Zeeman said:

Z...
I have a plasma in my family room and the whole back wall of that room is windows. In my very amateurish opinion, a plasma will help, but not much. Blinds or some sort of window covering will work best.

·
Registered
690 Posts
We have a LED Projection and they are pretty bad about glare. What we did is we had motorized blinds put in that you can control from your remote. It is really cool. They are battery powered (only bad thing) so that you do not have to have pre-existing or retro wiring put in.

The batteries last about a month, month and a half based on use and there are 2 batteries per blind and 6 sets of blinds in the room.

The lady who did them is really awesome, custom design.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I have a 24" Toshiba pure flat screen in my room and its made a huge difference from the old round screen I used to have. I love this tv, not only is the picture great for a tube type tv but it has so many feature also. 5 sets of inputs, 1 set of outputs and simulated surround sound (pretty good speakers for a tv, 2 of them not that crappy one you used to get)

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I have a DLP tv with 3 windows in the room (2 on the side and one behind it) and as long as the blinds are closed it looks great. With the blinds open there is a little glare but its still easily watchable.
I stayed away from a plasma because of fear of burn-in and a limited life span. :twocents:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Sorry, missed the add ons to this thread...

NEC, Pioneer or Fujitsu seem to be the best pics at the moment (in terms of pic quality) but that doesn't mean they are the best for brightness, to be honest, that is not something I normally consider, asmost of my clients have rooms that can be darkened quite abit. the biggest problem is the difference in settings from day time to night time. the brightness, colour and contrast will be WAY different form day to night. You can probably save a "day time settings" and a "night time settings" to allow you to use the thing day or night. I'm kinda tired, so this may not be making sense...

Z...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts