Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im getting cbr 929 engine case welded on while its on the bike but i need to take off the magnet thing idk what the correct name for it is and then take off the flywheel. i bought the special picece for the flywheel to come off. but i have not yet reached the flywheel. Do i take off the six star screws or do i take off the middle bolt in the middle of the magnet.

advance thank you to all that try and help

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
ok so im getting cbr 929 engine case welded on while its on the bike but i need to take off the magnet thing idk what the correct name for it is and then take off the flywheel. i bought the special picece for the flywheel to come off. but i have not yet reached the flywheel. Do i take off the six star screws or do i take off the middle bolt in the middle of the magnet.

advance thank you to all that try and help

The magnet thing is the rotor or flywheel.
Remove the stator cover, remove the rotor bolt and then thread an M20 bolt into the rotor to pop it off the crank.
Be sure to disconnect the ECU before applying welding current to the bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I don't touch the 6 little star screws and then what is the best way to take off the bolt in the middle of the rotor I tryed to use my socket or a wrench but its really hard and then it just spends any sugesstions

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok so I don't touch the 6 little star screws and then what is the best way to take off the bolt in the middle of the rotor I tryed to use my socket or a wrench but its really hard and then it just spins any sugesstions

No, the screws hold the starter clutch to the back of the rotor.

A rattle gun is the ideal. Otherwise you will need a strap wrench to hold the rotor and a long breaker bar to crack the bolt.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Screw the bolt into the centre of the rotor until firm, then whack it with a hammer. Turn the bolt a little more and keep whacking. The rotor will eventually loosen and pop off the taper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts