Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my rectifier went dead.. and instead of buying a used honda one (which could also be dead) I heard you can use one off of a GSXR which i can get way cheaper and I heard are better quaility..

Are they just plug and play? If not (but it seems like they should be) ill just buy a used honda one or a caltric aftermarket one.

Anyone use the caltric brand before? Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
You're better off getting a Yamaha R1 unit (or any other that's MOSFET based). It won't be plug and play as the connectors will be a bit different, but if you're handy with a soldering iron it's no big deal.

·
Registered
223 Posts
What you want is a Mosfet FHO 12 AA...check Roadstercylcle.com they have everything you need...but it will not mount in the same place as the ome RR. I mounted my in the trunk.

·
Registered
88 Posts
MOSFET RR will fit in same location as stock, I have one in my 929. MOSFET RR reduces pwr/heat in stator compared to the stock shunt RR, thus extending stator life. I paid ~$20 on ebay. Search on these Shindengen MOSFET:
FH012AA used on (06+) Yamaha FJR, 07+ Yamaha R1 50A
FH014 CBR 1000 RR , 2008-2009
FH010 Zx10 from 2004-2008 and ZZR 1400 from 2006-2008 and the ZX14's?
FH008 pre '08 CBR1000 and late CBR 600
FH008EB 35A

plenty of threads on how to connect

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah dude, search ebay. dont sleep on those cheap chinese R/R's I paid 25 bucks plus shipping for my RR on ebay, dont know exactly what brand it was but it lasted 2+ years on my old bike til i sold the bike. Bought same one on my 954 for 35 bucks shipped. worked fine for about a year and a half no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts