Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its time to buy a new regulator/rectifier for my 900rr. What should I buy a honda replacement at $180 or a Electrosport for $100? I know there are plenty of 900rr owners out there with experience in this area so lets hear it.. .:smokin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
The electrosport. It's what I replaced my Reg/Rect with...also my stator. It's a little beefier system that stock, has more output, especially at the lower revs....it's easy to tell, since my headlight used to dim a little at idle, and it doesn't at all anymore. If I remember right, it has a decent warranty too. But word of warning, install wasn't plug and play for my 929...had to splice quite a bit. But I spliced into the old part's wiring, which maintained the stock plug, instead of splicing into the wiring harness. Happy with it though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh one thing I forgot to mention....chances are, if your reg/rect. is going out, you will likely have to replace your stator also. It seems as though, one will take out the other, and probably vice-versa. I tried replacing one at a time also, and cost me more in the long run, since I ended up having to re-buy a stator, along with my regulator.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a new regulator today my bike seems to start easier and my headlight is brighter. The new regulator doesn't even get hot like the stock piece that got so hot you could cook an egg on it... . Thanks man.. . :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts