Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently riding a cbr 250 (m19) and i love it. My problem is i have only ever ridden this bike on the road. I have a fair amount of dirt experience as a kid/teenager, but only 9-10 months street experience (i ride daily) im due to upgrade in the next 6 months or so and im very keen on a cbr 600 RR. What i want to know is do you guys think this is right step up? too much grunt yet? another model maybe? what do think?

Edwin

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'd say go for it edwinbourne! You're 29 and have experience under your belt. Just be careful while adjusting yourself to the new bike. You'll enjoy a whole new experience although it will require a little more effort to go around corners than your cbr 250. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
+1...those newer 600s are straight race bikes so be careful.I like the cbrf4I not as focused as the newer generation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would say the CBR600F or CBR600RR is a good step up. I don't think it is too much grunt yet. It can all be controlled by the wrist/throttle. You don't have to use all the power until you are comfortable with the new bike. Insurance should be good at 29 too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
:plus1: for the f4i....does pretty much everything the RR does and more! (does that make sense?) ;)

(ie: riding comfort, touring and 2 up, ....also less appealing to thieving scum!) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had never owned a bike (only a four wheeler) until I got my F4i last July. You'll have no problems, just don't go WOT until you have got some time on your new ride.:cycle:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I started with a 600f3 with about five minutes of riding before i bought it.... just respect the power until you are used to it. so yea go for it.:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts