Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me what size of torx bit is needed to disassemble the brake calipers on the 929?

Thanks.

I have another question. What should those torx bolts be torqued to?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. I've got the seals and such and am doing a refresh on the calipers. No real problems, but I want to see how good I can get them to feel.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some small hard white chunks of 'I don't know what' in one of the piston bores. A few little pebbles of rock hard white material that could be plastic. The brakes have not been apart before. I added Galfer lines a couple of years ago, and speed bleeders. I did not seem to hurt things, but I think it's odd. I don't think it is teflon thread sealer tape, because it is hard. I did also see a small bit of what I do think was teflon tape. It was stringy and not hard at all. It's never been down, and the master is in good shape. Any ideas? No big deal but I am curious as always.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Zippy : I found some small hard white chunks of 'I don't know what' in one of the piston bores.  A few little pebbles of rock hard white material that could be plastic.   The brakes have not been apart before.  I added Galfer lines a couple of years ago, and speed bleeders.  I did not seem to hurt things, but I think it's odd.  I don't think it is teflon thread sealer tape, because it is hard.  I did also see a small bit of what I do think was teflon tape.  It was stringy and not hard at all.  It's never been down, and the master is in good shape.  Any ideas?  No big deal but I am curious as always.
Without pictures we will all be guessing, just like you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts