Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... To open brake bleeders?

I've been using a big nasty crescent wrench and making a mess of things.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
8mm covers almost all of them....a few bikes have the 10mm in spots...

I keep a 12pt 8mm in the top try of my box for nipping brakes... :twocents:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I always use a six point on lines and bleeders. I like them to look like nobody has ever turned them.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Agreed adjustable wrenches will round off bolts very quickly. I do however have an extra large adjustable in case I ever come across a bolt that is over 1". I think it opens up to 3" I have used it, once. Bought it at harbor freight for $12. I think its on in store item only thing though because I can't find it online.

Looks kinda like the wrench Bear in Armagedon carries on his shoulder when he tries to stop Harry from shooting AJ.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
That's nice, but at $137 bones, that little set would be worth more than my entire tool collection.... :crap:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ditto on the six-point! I have a nice set of 3/8 inch metric sockets, but unfortunately, they're all twelve point. I would love it if they were all six-point. Twelve's are nice when you don't have a lot of room to work in, but I use six-points whenever I can, as I also don't like to ding up fasteners. Keeps everything looking new.

While Harbor Freight isn't the be-all to end-all, I will confess to picking up monster sockets and other oddball tools on occasion when I don't want to buy a whole set of something. Upon close inspection, it appears everything there was made in China, however.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
I have about 6 sets of wrenches but the ones I prefer to use for bleeding is the one from the $20 husky stubby metric wrench set.

If not at HD, then get the stanley (labeled) version @ WalMart for a few $ more, both have lifetime warranties and are decent in fit and finish.
Though I think the HD version is 6 point, WM is 12, so try HD if you got em.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts