Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
:plus1:

Yeah same here, I heard that the no cut frame sliders are crappy. I just got the same bike but haven't installed any cause I don't know what to get.

Try this link. The adapters aren't shown in the photo of the product but they are mentioned in the text.

2008 Honda CBR1000RR KR Tuned Frame Slider with Billet Mounting Adapter - Motorcycle Superstore
I did a site search and this guy at the site mentioned these, more specifically:
KR Tuned Frame Slider with Billet Mounting Adapter - Street Bike Parts - Frame & Swingarm - Motorcycle Superstore

But like I said, I don't know what sliders to get, I'm just saying.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heres a simple solution:

Buy the R&G Aero Sliders...they look good, hold up well (know from experience), and come with quite simply the best tool imaginable for centering the hole you need to cut (wish i thought of threading a spike that fits in the engine mount hole).

Heres a couple pics:

Cant get much better than these.

Ive put these on all of my buddies' bikes, and two of my own. I will swear by R&G crash protection, all I'm missing is my axle slider, and bar ends from R&G and I'll have the whole set ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Heres a simple solution:

Buy the R&G Aero Sliders...they look good, hold up well (know from experience), and come with quite simply the best tool imaginable for centering the hole you need to cut (wish i thought of threading a spike that fits in the engine mount hole).

Heres a couple pics:

Cant get much better than these.

Ive put these on all of my buddies' bikes, and two of my own. I will swear by R&G crash protection, all I'm missing is my axle slider, and bar ends from R&G and I'll have the whole set ;)

Wait, hold on how do you center the frame slider for the cut? I don't understand.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Simple:

1) Remove engine mount bolt.
2) Screw in supplied threaded spike.
3) Replace fairing.
4) Softly press the fairing into the spike to create dimple.
5) Take a punch and punch the dimple in the center.
6) Drill a small pilot hole.
7) Drill with hole saw.
8) Profit!!!

Its really so simple that once you get it done the first time you wont understand why this threaded spike thingy isnt shipped with every brand's sliders.

I wish someone in the San Diego area would buy these and bring them to my house so i can tae pics of the whole process and make a good DIY guide...thats an offer!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Simple:

1) Remove engine mount bolt.
2) Screw in supplied threaded spike.
3) Replace fairing.
4) Softly press the fairing into the spike to create dimple.
5) Take a punch and punch the dimple in the center.
6) Drill a small pilot hole.
7) Drill with hole saw.
8) Profit!!!

Its really so simple that once you get it done the first time you wont understand why this threaded spike thingy isnt shipped with every brand's sliders.

I wish someone in the San Diego area would buy these and bring them to my house so i can tae pics of the whole process and make a good DIY guide...thats an offer!

Sweet! cool I'll give it a try. Planning to do all the body work on my machine from now on. Learn at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts