Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to texas, have 02 cbr 954rr that I brought down here, 05 cbr1000rr is back at the house in Michigan. the 954 never ate tires like it does now, I have been running pirelli diablo rears and diablo rosso front, the rear tire usually about 5000 miles, the front about every 8 to 10, I had new tires 2000 miles ago, the center on the rear is shot, and the front is cupped bad, what tire can I run that will last, I am obviously agressive and cruise too, I actually never even did any spinning of that back tire even to break it in, the sides are chewed up pretty bad, like the cement here is too harsh for the soft tire. I just want some opinions on what people run down here that lasts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you ran the tires in texas? what did you think of them? I am afraid of going to a hard compound in the center, when it is hot out the oil comes up out of the road, and it sometimes feels slippery, seems like a softer tire can recover from that

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to hear, I am disappointed they do not make them in 200 width though, I will be ordering them in the morning, really dont want to go to 190, got used to the 200, will be different for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts