Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Joe Rocket Blaster jacket and separate blaster pants right now. I would like to upgrade to something with hard armour in it for a little more protection during some track days this year. The set I have now is good protection for street riding.

My question is: Should I sell my current leathers and get a 2 piece set with hard armor in it?
Or should I buy a 1 piece suit just for track days.

I an in the market for a new set , post what you have and how you like them be it good or bad. Suggestions welcome. :idunno:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hammer, even if it's just for street use, consider a one-piece. I have never seen a track day (not that I wouldn't love to), and purchased a one-piece about a year ago. I love it! It is so much more comfortable than jacket and pants, plus no zippers or gaps between top and bottom. Want to go into a restaraunt for lunch? Just flop the top around your waist and forget about it.
Just my :twocents:

·
Registered
630 Posts
See here, different strokes for different folks. I always go for two piece.

A. I can take the jacket off when I stop and not look like a jerk with a one piece hanging off my butt. I can leave the jacket or carry it under my arm.
B. If I damage an upper or lower (heaven forbid) I only need to replace one part.

I think the AGVs are the best value. I have 3 sets of suits. 1 1/2 are AGV.
Happy shopping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts