Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bit of an off road experience with my track 954. Does not look too bad, and I am sure if someone who knew what they were doing could fix it up, but that is not me. So I was just thinking of selling it as is, and could not even tell you what is good or bad. Or I was thinking of cutting it up and parting it out. But again, I am not very mechanically inclined, so I would not know how to part it. Some parts are obvious, like forks, wheels with rotors, steel braided brake lines, scotts, slip-on, dan kyle forks, but what about the rest.

Has anyone here parted out a downed bike before. Any advice??

BTW, the bike has a salvage title.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess if I get more interest in the parts, then I could part it out...anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
let us know what is good on the bike.
I am not a mechanic by any means, but by looking at it...I have a few dings on the tank (signed by Colin Edwards and Jamie James) and the sub frame is a bit off. The tires, wheels and stuff look mint.(BTW, new rotors/pads and new Dunlop GP209). Brakes assembly looks great. Not sure about the forks, but they are Dan Kyle internals. (Don't have the equipment to test them) The engine is mint. The frame is good. (Salvage title) wiring harness is good. Speedo is good (Showing 6000 km). Body work is kinda rough. Kick stand is good. Rear brake lever is bent, but the shifter looks good. (BTW I have a brand new Sato Rear sets for sale also). Front brake and Clutch Lever look good. I have steel breaded lines for the front brakes.

As I said, I am not too mechanically inclined, so I rather just sell the bike as a whole for $3,000 USD as is instead of me trying to rip it apart and sell in pieces.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hard to tell if it's worth anything like $3000 unless we know what's good and what's not. If it's mostly the bodywork, pegs, etc. that are damaged. (Typical lowside) and the frame, wheels, forks, etc. are in good shape, it could be worth it.

You might want to invest $100-$200 or so and get a shop to do a quick check on the bike so you know what's messed up and what's salvageable. It'll be way easier to sell then (unless you can get a local buyer to come see it)

C

·
Registered
59 Posts
I might be interested in the brake lines and rear sets, keep us posted if you want to part it out. Maybe take some pictures of it too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you could do it, and have the time, I suggest you part it out. It only takes a little bit of know how( remember, taking apart is easier than putting together) and little bit of time, but in the end, you'll fetch more money, and you'll also be helping a lot of people.:thumb:

Also, from what I've seen on forums, It's not hard to part out a bike, once you tear it down, list EVERYTHING for sale and an estimated price you want, and people will come running. There are many 954 owners that want to fix their wrecked bike, want spares or want to buy mods.

also I have dibs on the stock wheels, and damper:D

·
Banned
20 Posts
if you part it out let me know, i always need extra parts for my stunt bike and im thinking of building another 954 this winter with all the parts that i have i just need a few more

·
Registered
55 Posts
Doesn't sound that bad. Just fix it and keep using it. Dent in the tank won't hurt as long as it still holds fuel. Duct tape will hold bodywork together. Replace the things you need to make it rideable, levers, foorpegs, clipon, and just keep using as a trackie.

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK so you should part it out:)
YOUd help a lot of us non rich
guys out...Ill take those
SATO rear sets and the tire set!:evilaugh:
I feel youll get more money threw parts
but yeah it does take a good amount of time
to take the bike apart...:cool:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doesn't sound that bad. Just fix it and keep using it. Dent in the tank won't hurt as long as it still holds fuel. Duct tape will hold bodywork together. Replace the things you need to make it rideable, levers, foorpegs, clipon, and just keep using as a trackie.

I like the way you think. So I finally had some time to take the bike apart (aka body work off) and inspect the bike. I am not a mechanic, but here is what happened. I re-attached the speedo gauge, and turned the key. The lights came on, but no FI squirt. So I looked for the thingy that tells the bike it is right side up. Had a look at it, and the green wire was cut. So I put them back together, wrapped it up in elec. tape. And then I turned the key again. And I can hear the FI squirting!!! YAY. Cranked it and on the first try, everything started up. But it was a bit loud. Turns out my mid section of the pipe has a huge whole. So I threw the seat back on, and took it for a spin down my street. Everything was peachy!! So besides some new dings, busted body work and a whole in the exhaust, it is good to go. Oh, and the sub frame seems a bit off. Oh, and the rear brake leaver is bent. I even have a spare mid pipe from my street bike when I installed my full hindle. (Meant to say got it installed).

So a couple of hundred bucks in duck tape, and I am good to go!!! WOO HOO!!:thumb:

BTW, the Sato's are now sold.

·
Banned
20 Posts
dude i would deff start stunting that, ur bikes almost ready for it, i threw mine back to full fairing for stunt but i ran it like that for awhile with the street fighter look

check it (the streetfighter was before)

(full fairing is now) i like stunting full fairing better, the only thing not in the picture is my crushed in gas tank i have on there right now

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya, it is going back to shop. I am selling my street bike, and making this one a dual duty, actually triple duty bike. Street, track...and stunting!! :)

·
Banned
20 Posts
hahaha thats sick!!! dude ur deff gonna have fun with it, be safe and keep it on 1!

ohh and i have a lot of spare parts for my stunt bike like 12 bars and stuff if you need anything let me know and ill see if i got it and well work somethin out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts