Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys I have been wondering lately what i should do with my wrecked 954...

I had contemplated tearing it all apart and selling it in pieces and using the money i get for a down payment on another 954 or an '06 1000RR

Or...

Just go ahead and spend all that money on fixing it up.

See my dilemma is that I need a lot of parts to get my baby back on the road but the 954 is my favoritist bike ever and would have a hard time finding another one.

I dont know really what to do :idunno:

What do yous guys think?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
well there are other 954s out there still in great shape. might be able to find a leftover thats been sitting somewhere in a storage place that the dealer won't budge on (someone here mentioned last week I think that their local dealer had a couple).

I wouldn't rule out the 06 1000rr though. When it comes out see if you can find one for a test ride. Then make your choice.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hi SPY!

I forget now whether or not your bike was insured, or if insurance would come into play at all. I am thinking not. Depends on how much you have to spend to make it pristine again I guess. If it's not too bad I would probably fix her up and get rolling again. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Adding to what Bacchus said, make a list of all the parts you need with their prices. Total them up before you make your decision.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
ND4SPD said:
If it's paid for, fix it...cheaper than payments. Then once your done fixing it you can buy another bike with cash and have two bikes :)
+1

And if you make a parts list to decide pad it a bit for things you miss or forget (clips and such)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Ever heard the term "streetfighter"? :eyebrows:

Spend as little as possible turning it into a streetfighter, and go buy yourself something new when the cash is available.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEY BACCHUS!

Yea I have already started a half ass'd list of what I need. On the Service Honda website it totaled to about 5 grand :crap: and i paid like 6 grand for it.

- I need all plastics (EVERY SINGLE ONE) I had priced the '03 Titanium and black ones!!!
- I need Front Forks
- rear rim (probably a front too)
- Headlight
- Gauge cluster
- Gas Tank
- New Key
- Clip-ons
- Brake Fluid Reservoir
- All the electrical shit that goes on the clip-ons (its all broken)
- Maybe a Taillight

I think that is all the major stuff in plain sight... I am sure there will be more added to the list as i go on.

Yes it was paid for and yes it was insured just not full coverage. :nono: My Loss
Yes I have heard of street fighter and no i wont do it i think they are ugly and i dont stunt. :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Eeeep...didnt realise how much damage you were facing. Part it out and buy a new one. Be a nightmare to put that one back together, and it might still be knackered once you do anyway (youll need to have it put on a dataliner to make sure the frame is straight).

Start saving ur pennies for a nice shiny '06 :)

(and streetfighters rawk...and arent necessarily for stunting :thumb:)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I know I can get some expensive parts pretty cheap cause i have a few friends that race and are sponsered and can get me stuff for cost or cheaper. But I dont know i am torn on what to do. Leaning towards a new bike though.

Hey Mo Noyz how much you sellin yours for????

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Part it out or go to EBAY and get your new parts. Make it track bike. Pretty sure the dealer in Ridgecrest,CA has a 954 or still on the floor. Probably wants a 1000.00 over book for it though.

Maybe ya can coax RRWNTER into sliding by there and checking it out. Hey, Ain't like the beotch is riding or anything. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
It's junk dude. That frame has to be tweaked too.

Get a new one. If your heart is set on a 954, they are still to be had new, but I'd get a 1000RR.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I had forgotten just how badly damaged that poor thing was. I personally wouldn't even think about trying to make it look new again. As has been suggested, part it out and buy another bike. And get full coverage! Hope you are doing OK (physically) as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Unless you really like fixer uppers I too suggest you part it out. You really need to tear the bike down and check everything. You could have, probably did, tweak the frame. The engine and/or tranny could have some damage as well and you won't know until you tear that apart. Time for a new bike.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I was stuck with the same problem a few years back. I chose to rebuild it, and while I got it just how I wanted it, it has never been like it was before. I worked at the shop at the time I wrecked it, and was able to tweak the estimate one way or the other if I needed to, but decided to fix it. In my experience, I say sell it and get another.
Chris

1 - 20 of 36 Posts