Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a used race bike. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same things you look for in a regular bike. If the thing looks punished...it probably is. Some race bikes are taken care of better than a street bike. But some racers don't care. Find one that looks nice.... with a lot of upgrades... and for goodness sakes get a title with it...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Definetly have a leakdown and compresion test. look closely at the frame for any cracks. ask what wieght the bike was set up for. make sure it has lots of upgrades! i'm also looking for a fully kitted bike.

good luck. i saw an ex ama eron racing f4i fully kitted at the track. nice bike. the guy had just picked it for 3k! i was pissed i saw at least 3500 in quality parts on it.

good luck. and ask for all the spare parts.

·
Registered
476 Posts
:nod: Ok it was probably a fluke but my used race bike had no air filter in it. Then the rubber seal that goes under the air filter got sucked into the throttle bodies, the throttle was stuck at about half open. This was while going around a track so it was not fun.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
:nod: Ok it was probably a fluke but my used race bike had no air filter in it. Then the rubber seal that goes under the air filter got sucked into the throttle bodies, the throttle was stuck at about half open. This was while going around a track so it was not fun.
clutch, release, clutch, release, clutch, release......coast.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm leaving to go look at it (2003 600RR), hopefully I'll be back with a new bike :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts