Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a casual rider, occasional ego acceleration, occasional wheelie. I don't race. I just enjoy the ride. What brand and what type of clutch should I go with? I want it to be long lasting. I've seen all kinds of stuff, carbon fiber, kevlar, yada yada..... I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I'm a casual rider, occasional ego acceleration, occasional wheelie. I don't race. I just enjoy the ride. What brand and what type of clutch should I go with? I want it to be long lasting. I've seen all kinds of stuff, carbon fiber, kevlar, yada yada..... I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. Any suggestions?

Stick with OEM.
Why are you replacing yours?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm replacing it because it's slipping, the bike has 27,000 miles on it. When I bought it, it was a stunt bike so it was treated like ****. After replacing the frame, rims, forks, shock, fairings, rear sub frame and swingarm it rides like a brand new bike. All besides the clutch. It slips when I hammer it. I assume it's never been changed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I changed my clutch once only to find that it was the cable. It was only binding at the point of engagement upon release. The rest of the lever travel was smooth and easy. It fooled me. I beat my clutch at the strip so I put in a used one, it was cheap and came with all the parts. If it ever craps out I'll put the original one back in.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
if you are a casual rider OEM all the way :thumb:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I'm replacing it because it's slipping, the bike has 27,000 miles on it. When I bought it, it was a stunt bike so it was treated like ****. After replacing the frame, rims, forks, shock, fairings, rear sub frame and swingarm it rides like a brand new bike. All besides the clutch. It slips when I hammer it. I assume it's never been changed.
That's because it pretty much *IS* a new bike :rotfl:

:plus1: for going with another OEM clutch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I put alot of work into her, an I want it to last awhile. I need to make a newer threat because another issue has popped up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts