Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what type of stands does everyone use for there blades? I don't know what kind I have now because they came with the bike but I think the rear one is bent because the bike will never sit up straight.

·
Registered
312 Posts
do a search for rear or front stand types and you'll get a few hits from thread discussions we've already had on this subject. I use a Pit-Bull though.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Pit bull stands for work or if you just need a stand (no kick stand) Baxley Sport Chocks. Solid products made in Alabama (Pit Bull is a cool family run operation with REAL nice folks working there)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I think the rear one is bent because the bike will never sit up straight.
Is it possible you have a stand for a 929? They usually have a spacer or other means of adapting to the asymmetric swingarm....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it possible you have a stand for a 929? They usually have a spacer or other means of adapting to the asymmetric swingarm....
I think it's a unverisal one actually. I'm saying that because you can move the "brackets" side to side to fit other swing arms I geuss. Also I went to my shed earlier to look at it and it's a Scorpion by the way. I'm assuming they're junk?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pit Bulls are the best I've used and seen. Having said that I own a few Handy stands. The fronts aren't great but the rears work fine. About half the price of a Pit Bull and if your local dealer sells them like me, you can get a front and rear stand for $100.

Are you using spools on the swingarm, or just a straight swingarm stand?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a set of Vortex stands for the track bike which work great.
I also have a set of Lockhart Phillips three piece stands, which work well enough, but they still suck, IMO.

Get some spools end a rear stand that's also spooled. It's worth it!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Well I don't have a blade but I do have a ninja I have front and rear handy industries..

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
+1 on Handy Industries stands. I got both front and rear delivered to my house for $120. I heard someone once say they suck, but i tell you what i've used mine about 15 times and no problems at all.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was just wondering what type of stands does everyone use for there blades? I don't know what kind I have now because they came with the bike but I think the rear one is bent because the bike will never sit up straight.
No its just that if you try to use a basic universal stand it will lean to the right because the way the swingarm is made. I have a Lockhart Phillips set and the rear does the same thing but the front works great (as long as you have stainless lines, which I dont yet, so I gotta unscrew the front line screw). I need to get some spools and a new rear stand cause the leaning thing bugs the hell out of me.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Thanks for being the guinnea pig
Hell, I was looking for a set of stands last spring and was about to buy a set of Pit Bull Stands on ebay when I ran across these.

I took a chance after reading all their positive feedback. I actually like how they have improved the handle on the rear stand compared to mine but they have worked great. I would recommend them... Not to mention the rear stand will adjust out enough for the 1krr's wide ass swingarm and the Pit Bull a friend of mine has can't be used to lift my bike because it can not open wide enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pit bull, when i talk or think about stands, I always say to myself these things are holding up my 10,000 dollar bike, do i really want it to fall off? Not really so I bought the best, and can't say more than anything good about them. Very sturdy and its top knotch.

-Nick

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Pit bull, when i talk or think about stands, I always say to myself these things are holding up my 10,000 dollar bike, do i really want it to fall off? Not really so I bought the best, and can't say more than anything good about them. Very sturdy and its top knotch.

-Nick
Your 600 cost 10K? damn . . .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts