Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Was just wondering what is the best tyre to put on my 07 CBR 1000 RR.
I have perelli corsa 3 diablo on at the moment, but have worn through it really fast and didn't find it to great whilst cornering.
This is going to sound stupid to anyone who knows about tyres, and I don't :huh: but I have had dunlop sport max on my previous bikes and found they lasted well and were good with handling.
Is there a difference with the shape of the tyres? is one flater or rounder than others?
I will be using the tyre mainly for commuting although its not a long distance, and going out with the lads. Also thinking of doing a few touring trips in 2010.
Any suggestions with this let me know please.

·
Registered
213 Posts
if you are looking for more miles, give michelin pilot road 2ct a try, you will get more miles, and they give good corner grip, more than you will ever need for road use.

·
Registered
900 Posts
All down to personal choice, its what you like, Had 3 sets of diablo corsa 3, very nice good grip but crap in a straight line in the wet, but only 2-3000 miles per rear 5-6 front, battleaxe 016 4 sets again very good, and better in the wet 3-4000 rear 5-6 front. Running bridgestone 021 for winter at mo, great in the wet, and not to bad in dry, but the milage, 6000 rear and still plenty to go. You will have a lot of other choices thrown at you. Its all down to personal taste.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Plenty of threads on here about tyres, have a wee search.
Im running PPs 2cts great tyres but maybe not the best for the use your wanting them for, pilot roads maybe better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts