Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted to ask this question to my friends in the forum. What was your FIRST bike and how old were you when you learned to ride?

I was 9 years old and my dad put me on a 1976 Honda XR75. I will NEVER forget the first time I rode solo.... wow! My dad gave me the greatest gift he could have bestowed upon me...the gift of riding. MANY YEARS!!!!! :highclap:

I LOVE YOU DAD!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
The first time i was on a bike alone i was 7, a kid i knew in australia got a little honda 50 dirt bike, we took turns riding up and down the storm drains.
When i was 9 my dad would sit me on the gastank of his GS 1100 and let me ride it down the highway.

It wasnt until i was 23 that he "allowed" me to get my own bike haha.
was an 84 GPZ750, it was fun for a month and mysteriously caught fire in the parkinglot one day. Then i bought a GSX-R1100.

Now I'm on an 2k CBR 929 for the track, and an 01 929 Erion Racing for the Street...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Suzuki GT550 two-stroke triple.
I would've been eighteen I think.
I wasn't into bikes then at all, it was just a means of getting around the bush while hunting. Seventies road tyres on grass paddocks and clay roads were a handful :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
1990 Honda CBR600.
I was about 19 and because my parents were totally against bikes and I was old enough to get one on my own. After a 10 year layoff (my wife wasn't too keen on them) I got a project 2003 954rr last year and have been riding ever since.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Suzuki TS 50ER 1980 16 years old.folks dead against me geting a bike even offered to put me through my car test and buy me a cheap car (and trust me my old man was and still is as tight as a ducks a**)Bought helmet one month then gloves jacket and then boots then put deposit down cost me £335.00 new put 12,000 miles on her in 12 months, lived on her........

·
Registered
38 Posts
DT50MX 1983 (new) 16 years of age, bought it myself as a birthday prezzie.
face like a cheshire cat until my mate went past on a Fs1E and left me standing, spent the rest of the time changing sprockets etc so I could repay the favour.

·
Registered
332 Posts
mom bought me a 280 honda dirt bike at 16 then a Honda 600xr for my 18th bday. My old man bought an 05 Harley Heritage soft tail and i put all the miles on it until my now wife went out and got me the candy apple red 08' cbr1000 (she picked the color, and i love it)...now i have to keep her.

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mom bought me a 280 honda dirt bike at 16 then a Honda 600xr for my 18th bday. My old man bought an 05 Harley Heritage soft tail and i put all the miles on it until my now wife went out and got me the candy apple red 08' cbr1000 (she picked the color, and i love it)...now i have to keep her.
If you wish to get rid of her....I'll take her off your hands. My wife won't even LOOK at my bike when she's in the garage. She hates it! She's from the ignorant thought circle of "....your too old and you're going to get killed". Oh well...she KNOWS what she married. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was 21 when i bought a wrecked 01 tl1000r and i got it fixed back and rode it and it scared me . it was heavy and loud ,lol .

I got a 01 929 erion when i was 22 , bought it from an ooooooollllllldddddd man with only 485 original miles on it for 3k ! He had bought it for his son and his son laid it down , scratched up the fairings and exhaust and parked it back in 02 . Fuel pump was rusted and locked up replaced it and she fired right up .

The 929 was a big diffrence between the TL , i love my 929 .

Now im 23 and just got an 06 r6 raven and i hate it , sits too low nd feels small compared to the 929 .

I still got the 929 ( has 986 miles on it to date) so the R6 is currently forsale , plan on getting a cbr1000 soon .

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.