Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY ENGINE AT LIGHTS WHEN IN IDLE KNOCKS, I CAN FEEL AND HEAR IT, ITS A PRETTY HARD KNOCK. I WAS THINKING LOOSE VALVES?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Valves should be a tick i would think......not a hard knock u can feel.......How long has it done this? Also turn off ur caps lock. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
a ticking sound, from the left side of the engine as you sit on it is very common for the 954, but like cbr954rr03 said if it's a knocking which you can feel I'd have it looked at or at least listened to by your mech

·
Registered
134 Posts
don't know about the plugs, what do you mean by the RPM temp? engine temp maybe? go on youtube and listen to videos of litre bikes, they all tick in some way, listen if it is same as your noise. also how long have you had the bike? how many miles are on it?

the cam chain tensioner on the 954 is famous for causing a tick

·
Registered
134 Posts
if you do a search on engine ticking/sound you'll find heaps of threads to help, if your still unsure get a mechanic to listen, My 954 ticks and in the cold it's sway louder, nothing to worry about, i've had my mech listen to it anyhow, and nearly every 954 owner on this site will agree and tell you their bike ticks also

1 - 8 of 8 Posts