Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have an interesting opportunity. I currently own a 03 954 & 97 VFR750. My Boss at work has decided to get rid of his 04 1000RR, because he just had a kid, and his wife won't let him ride anymore. It is completly stock with 5,000 miles, and never been down. He told me he would let me have it for $5,000.00................Here's the downside, I'm a Network Technician for the largest Retailer in the World, and I constantly stay gone on the road. I don't get to ride my bikes nearly as much as I'd like, and kind of feel like I'd just have another nice bike sitting around depreciating.........but the price just seems too sweet!!................What would you do?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Asking this question here is like asking the other tourist's at Carlos and Charlie's if you should have one more tequila shot!
If you can afford it buy it! You can always sell it later.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Rarely respond to these, but if I was in a similar spot, I'd sell the 54, keep the 1K and the VFR... :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Intresting Baketech, that's a scenerio I was considering. I love my 954, but I had a 929 before, and kind of feel like it was a better handling bike than my 954, though I like the looks better of the 954 than the 929. I have the cash in savings, but would probably want to get rid of one of the others next Spring. I ride the 954 more than the VFR, but the VFR is so incredibly cherry, that I don't think I could part with it. Is it wrong to keep aquiring more bikes,:idunno: they are all Honda's afterall. My Girl went Ballistic when I ran it by her last night, said I could only ride one bike at a time..................this coming from a Woman that owns a dozen Coach Purses, and wants more.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
The VFR and CBR are so different in scope that it make sense to keep one of each... :evilaugh:

After that it, it's a matter of keeping whichever CBR(s) you like the most... :eyebrows:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Once you ride the 1000 you will quickly learn its absolutely nothing like your 954. Buy it if you can afford it, and decide which one you like better in the spring time, when they will be worth the most anyway.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never have had the opportunity to ride the 1KRR, is it really a night and day difference? What would be the most noticeable difference? I would expect a little more power, but I've heard they can be difficult to dial-in. Is there a big difference in handling?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah it is night and day. It feels nothing like a 900/929/954. Riding position is different. Seat height is higher. Now this can be argued by specs, but ride a 1krr for 5 minutes and you'll see what I mean. Engine power is smoother, but theres just more of it. Hard turns it feels a bit sketchy (probably because of the riding position). Its much heavier feeling than a 954, it feels like a liter bike. And the bike is just plain uncomfortable to ride IMO. If you're just going down the road nice for any length of time, its just uncomfortable to sit on. Maybe you'll like it, but my buddy who owns it, another buddy that rides it all the time (more than the owner) and myself will all agree that the 1krr is only good for one thing. Long ass wheelies at very high speeds.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts