Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
symonjester said:
If you had a budget of only $4,500 - what are the first three things you would get to make an 02 954 a track-only machine? Com'on you track-junkies, I know you have an opinion on this :)
I am not a track junkie but these seem obvious to me:
Frame sliders
Steering stabalizers

And obviously you have proper protective gear :hmm:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Ohlins shock, Dan Kyle the front forks, steering dampener (or damper) and the rest on tires and track schools.
What GFJ said, in that order. If you are concerned about your street plastic you could invest in track plastics, after you've done the other things first.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great guys, appreciate the feedback. Have a damper already and full leathers, AS boots, etc...

Shock, forks, and school...check! I'm on Dan Kyle's site poking around now!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man that was funny! :rotfl: Anybody that hasn't read the post link that Abtech put in the above needs to!!! I think I bought something from that guy on ebay once. It was a "ploshied fram" a.k.a. polished frame, and man I got it cheap. People that can't make ebay a great place to do business.

Ohh, by the way, put the $4500 into the suspension and Aflac insurance.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
symonjester said:
If you had a budget of only $4,500 - what are the first three things you would get to make an 02 954 a track-only machine? Com'on you track-junkies, I know you have an opinion on this :)
Well since i raced my 954 for 18 months before i sold it and you are on a limited budget. If i had to do things over again i would invest in Suspension, Race Body, Adjustable Rear Sets cause even after the suspension upgrade you will still drag your pegs, And most importantly a steering stabilizer :thumb: If you have any other questions about racing a 954 let me know :thumb: I can also tell you why i sold my 954 to invest in something more competitive. Like an 04 GSXR 750 :D

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Ohlins shock (and see if DK has the link)
Get DK to modify your forks
rearsets
clipons
sliders
and buy some rashed bodywork to use so you don't F up your streetstuff.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yep, i concur with a lot of stuff here:

Shock
forks
lines
rearsets
clip ons
race plastic

after that... ... ... ...

spare wheels
spare everything

But, if its your first trackday, best thing is just the bike you are familiar with (ride it a bit with the above mods, because it WILL BE a different bike!), new tires and a willingness to observe and accept input from instructors...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts