Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Lots of factors here. Condition of the body and interior, engine size, stick or auto, etc. But all considered and similar, I'd have to take the Mustang.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little background on this would help I suppose. A certain persons father will be buying this individual their choice between the two. 80-90% resto is done on both. The truck is an auto and the Stang is a stick. Not sure what the motor in the truck is but the Stang has a fresh FoMoCo 289.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Persoanlly if done correctly the 66-67 coupes can be really sexy. Also the 289 has a lot of potental. More than people realize.

I have a soft spot for mustangs of that era, so I'd probably go that way, but I'd really like the truck too.

HD

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The 66.

I have worked on those trucks extensively. To get them to drive worth a damn, you have to lop off the tractor style front end and tack on an independant front suspension with disc brakes. The 2 times I've helped a friend do it, we used Dodge Volare parts. I don't know why, but for some reason this is/was the hot ticket. It's a fairly serious PITA to get all your measurements dead on so the wheels are where you want them and the suspension works good.

Getting them to hook up at all is a damn chore too. With a stock 5.0 HO 302 you'll haze the piss out of the tires with any reasonable throttle application.

Then again, I'm not a big truck fan to begin with so...

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
I'll pick the truck because phobiaphobe is a stupid redneck from Calgary.

:thumb:

Oh, and plus my old neighbor had one(not sure of the year)that he fully restored. Put a 302 in his. It was beauty and the beast!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What are you planning on doing with it when you get it? Factory restoration...mustang hands down, if you are going to make a rod...spend the time and money on the truck :thumb: I freind has a 57 chev pick up with a built 454 out of a 70's chevelle, and he took me for a ride :eek: I thought right there, that would be the coolest thing ever to have that truck... would not go around corners or stop well, but don't stand in front of it :evilaugh:

the stang would be cool to have though too, all in what you want I guess :idunno:

·
Registered
712 Posts
'56 Ford Pickup hands down. That truck is just plain sexy and parts are just as available for them as the mustangs. Actually, my Dad has a '56 F100, sorry no pics.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts