Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new to the forums but have a question maybe someone can help me out with, I have a 01 cbr 600 f4i, I need to change the ecu and was wondering what years I could change with without having to do any mods etc to I just want to plug and play any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks
also anybody selling one cheap hahaha

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello all,
I'm new to the forums but have a question maybe someone can help me out with, I have a 01 cbr 600 f4i, I need to change the ecu and was wondering what years I could change with without having to do any mods etc to I just want to plug and play any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks
also anybody selling one cheap hahaha
I would _guess_ '01-'06 are all the same but you would be best to check the wiring diagrams to see if there are any differences.
Why do you need to change it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I bought the bike I didnt know that the main electrical wire was spliced in the tape and tube, I was having an issue with shorts, lights going crazy and running rough a friend and I tore it down some was looking at the ecu moved it and the lights etc acted ok so my buddy moved it again a small puff of smoke came up disconnected the battery looked inside the tape etc and saw the splice and some burn marks on another wire, we respliced it put it back together and wouldnt crank getting error message that in jector three does not have right power or no power to it. so spliced that wire where the burn mark was nothing, tested it to see if whole current nothing so bypassed that wire with another wire with another wire from ecu to injector three and no power so my friend said he fried the ecu when he moved it. I'm not much of a mechanic like most of you guys are but I LOVE TO RIDE haha anyway hope this might give you enough to give a second opinion ws kinda wondering if this may be the problem or not without having to take it to the shop.
Thanks for the reply and help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts