Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get an idea of how people rate the different 1000rr's that have evolved.
this would generally be aimed at people who have tried them all.

do you own a current model but miss your old 04/05 etc

there is something very stylish about the 04 / 05 that i really like , but does the performance gains of the new ones make this a non consideration these days

what is hondas best ( in your opinion ) 1000rr
04/05
06/07
08 - 11

cheers , i look forward to the responses:thumb:

·
Registered
746 Posts
2007, of course? like you even had to ask..haha but no its the last year of that beefy-edgy look. Before the '08 model came out and looked like it got punched in the nose haha but unfortunately i havent been able to ride any newer blades..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh its good to see peeps are still liking the older ones, i like the look of the 04 tri colour.

but ahhhhhhhhhhh , are these opinions bias, they are not compared to the new ones:idunno: who out there has owned each different model to chip in an opinion:idunno:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
When the 08 first came out, I HATED the way it looked. Over time, it's grown on me a lot. The shotgun exhaust still looks like crap, but there's a few aftermarket ones that are flush with the bodywork so that sorts that issue.

It's a coin toss between the 07 and 08+ models for me to be honest. Repsol colours of course :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
BIas yes , but what a bummer "older ones" gosh my bike seams like it just came out (2005 red and black 1000rr,yea you caught me):idunno:
.I am getting old but hopefully my bike dont look to dated .(hate to think about my 95 purple and yellow splash 900rr).all this aside i do think the 2006-2007 red and black has got to be one of the best looking bikes produced ,right up there with ducks 916 and hds road king.

·
Registered
746 Posts
:plus1: ^^^ all of it. '07 for the win!, but the '12 blade is the one I'm eager to try out if i could ever get the chance...they've got the new suspension on it, new eyes, back to the edgy face, and the stock 12spoke wheels look so much better than the three...

haha and I'm completely biased..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2006 1000rr and I love the everything about it. In my opinion it looks better than any new 1000rr.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts