Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2521 - 2533 of 2533 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Just switched from Verizon DSL ( Fios not available in my area) to Time Warner Cable. Speed test results 230 F'n Mbps! Saving $65 a month on the bundle (at least for a year), and getting 10x faster internet and more TV Channels. :twofing:Verizon and Direct TV, :twofing::twofing:. This website has notoriously been the slowest loading one I visit, now it loads instantly, pictures too, no matter how big, no more videos buffering, they're loading 4x faster than they play! :highclap::hyper:. In case my message wasn't clear, :twofing:Verizon and Direct TV!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
1-1/2 years, no one's had a cheerful day? :rotfl:

My work van was a no start this morning. But that was the best thing that's happened in a few days.
I have some electrical gremlins in my 02 1 ton Chevy van. GM's crappy wiring and connectors are constantly failing, giving me random stalling and no restart. Spent many $ over the years on various tow trucks and dealerships and auto electricians. Being intimately familiar with the trouble areas, the no-start meant I could run some diagnostics. Took about 2 hours to eliminate the preliminary stuff, then tested the Ignition Control Module, ICM. It didn't pass the blinking LED light test. Meaning it wasn't switching properly.

Call NAPA, they have the part.
Takes 10 minutes to put the new part on and clean up.
Road test, Pass! No more complete ignition loss. Runs solid.

And I'm pretty stoked about that!!!
Back to work tomorrow, earning the duckets. :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Must be something in the air Jon. The 2014 Accord was a no start last night also. Much easier diagnosis though, just a battery. Only $73 for an Interstate from Costco. Paid over a $100 for my Jeep and twice that for the Jetta. I guess German cars use special electrons. I would expect to get bent over for a Beemer or Benz, but it was a Volkswagen! Easiest, battery I've ever changed, and that includes bikes. 4 nuts, all the same size, done in 10 minutes also. Does seem like an OEM battery on a 2014 should have lasted longer though. Oh well, the Interstate has a 42 month warranty and was $34 cheaper than Wal-Mart and $67 cheaper than Auto Zone, and their warranties were only 36 months. I'm calling it a win.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
1-1/2 years, no one's had a cheerful day? :rotfl:

My work van was a no start this morning. But that was the best thing that's happened in a few days.
I have some electrical gremlins in my 02 1 ton Chevy van. GM's crappy wiring and connectors are constantly failing, giving me random stalling and no restart. Spent many $ over the years on various tow trucks and dealerships and auto electricians. Being intimately familiar with the trouble areas, the no-start meant I could run some diagnostics. Took about 2 hours to eliminate the preliminary stuff, then tested the Ignition Control Module, ICM. It didn't pass the blinking LED light test. Meaning it wasn't switching properly.

Call NAPA, they have the part.
Takes 10 minutes to put the new part on and clean up.
Road test, Pass! No more complete ignition loss. Runs solid.

And I'm pretty stoked about that!!!
Back to work tomorrow, earning the duckets. :)
Remember this one? Still working thru the system. It's impossible to get to all the wiring for inspection. They're all tucked and fvcked and wrapped in tape and the plastic housing stuff. I've tested and replaced a few things, all involved connectors and pins, fuel filter, fuel pump, coil, etc, on down the line. Checked the crank position sensor too, but of course it checks out when the engine runs. Have to catch it in the act to see if that's the issue. Or just replace and relearn it. Throw some more dollars at it. Lol.
What if it just turns out to be bad fuel? (I drained out the tank, put fresh gas in and a bottle of ISO Heet.)

Not really cheerful about it all, but hopeful. And I pretty much completely understand the ignition system in this van now. :|

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Excellent service from the company I just bought my new Weber carb from. SoCal company, free shipping, 25 hrs from the time I ordered to my doorstep. Not bike related, but cheered me up nonetheless! Competition Accessories could learn a lot!

Attachments

2521 - 2533 of 2533 Posts