Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

6401 - 6411 of 6411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Living in the Upper Midwest of the US means that I have to wait probably another month to ride on clean roads.

Also, I drive a 31 year old station wagon, why am I the fastest person on the roads? Nearly everyone that lives around here drives so slow that I feel like I'm in a sports car. Move your **** people. People driving 10 mph under the speed limit doesn't bother me when I'm riding because I can zip around and be gone. Now it's been a whole season of elderly style drivers. Do I have to build an ultralight so I can avoid all the people in my way?
We have the same problem over here Sammy, and its these drivers that whinge and bitch about riders and drivers driving "SO" fast on the roads when most are just trying to stick to the speed limit. And they're also the ones that get on social media and bleat about it.
We had a case recently where a so-called do-gooder was airing her view on FB about a serious bike and car accident. She blamed speed and dangerous riding by the rider when in fact it was a car pulling out from the side of the road and then doing a U-turn in front of the bike on a dual one way road, which meant they would have been heading back into oncoming traffic as well. Friggin do-gooders.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have the same problem over here Sammy, and its these drivers that whinge and bitch about riders and drivers driving "SO" fast on the roads when most are just trying to stick to the speed limit. And they're also the ones that get on social media and bleat about it.
We had a case recently where a so-called do-gooder was airing her view on FB about a serious bike and car accident. She blamed speed and dangerous riding by the rider when in fact it was a car pulling out from the side of the road and then doing a U-turn in front of the bike on a dual one way road, which meant they would have been heading back into oncoming traffic as well. Friggin do-gooders.
It's illegal here to pull a uturn on a street with a solid yellow line. We call it the "Minnesota U turn" and it's very dangerous to bikers. People will attempt a u turn from their parking space. I've gotten into with quite a few drivers over this and had to break a few mirrors. Studies have shown that drivers in this state are the second worst in the whole nation. I can attest to this. I'm not from here. It's terrible.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
It's illegal here to pull a uturn on a street with a solid yellow line. We call it the "Minnesota U turn" and it's very dangerous to bikers. People will attempt a u turn from their parking space. I've gotten into with quite a few drivers over this and had to break a few mirrors. Studies have shown that drivers in this state are the second worst in the whole nation. I can attest to this. I'm not from here. It's terrible.
I'm hearing you mate.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Yeah, got a little storm activity happening here in Yeppoon at the moment. Not the best riding weather that's for sure.

media_camera

1 of 15

media_cameraA large amount of rainfall is expected in North Queensland. Photo Higgins Storm Chasing

·
Registered
130 Posts
Got interrupted by the builder knocking at the door EARLY while I was having some grown up time with Mrs Bob. By the time I'd got my dressing gown on, disguised my shame and sketchily passed him an envelope of money through a slightly opened front door it was time for Mrs Bob to get up and go to work which meant a total cessation to all adult activities.

Needless to say I was not happy. Bastard.

6401 - 6411 of 6411 Posts