Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 2000 929, but I'm not sure what it's worth. It has 10,000 miles on it, never raced or dropped, and the following mods:
LP flushmount front signals
integrated rear signals
Leo Vinci Ti can
Targa solo seat
custom seat (blue suede)
frame sliders
Euro-style screen (clear)
cut away rear fender
custom paint job (Edwards' Laguna bike)
GP style shift pattern (VFR shift lever instead of stock linkage)
K&N filter
NGK plugs

Let me know what you think I should ask. Thanks.
Schwaberts' 929

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I'd say your looking at $5800 - $6200

Depending on the paint job quality and overall condition.

Looks nice btw.

Dealer was offering between $5800 and $6000 on my 2001 929 with 8000 miles (edit: last year) regardless of any or all aftermarket stuff (they took $200 off because of the removed rear decal ).

It's a hard market with brand new bikes (2002/2003) still left going for $7500 - $8500 .

But, you never know, someone may come around and pay more <shrug> .

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I think that paint job will reduce the price quite a bit. Although I personally like it, I would never buy it looking like that and would feel weird riding it. Just too flashy, and it's someone elses creation. I would put it at 5K to 5.5K.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The paint is either gonna kill you, or make you. If someone decides they really want that paint, they'll pay well for it. If not, it's gonna hurt the bike. I'd say start in the $6k range and see what bites. You can always reduce the price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
luvtolean : The paint is either gonna kill you, or make you.  If someone decides they really want that paint, they'll pay well for it.  If not, it's gonna hurt the bike.  I'd say start in the $6k range and see what bites.  You can always reduce the price.
I get what everyone's saying about the paint job. When I painted it, the thought of selling it never really crossed my mind. Hopefully someone else will like the uniqueness of the bike as much as I do and hop on. Hopefully not right in my area, I don't think I could handle seeing my bike cruising around town!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts