Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
This has been on my mind too lately. My paycheck comes in tomorrow and I want to spend it. So someone hurry up and let us know before I go out and blow it on a pair of Alpinestars track pants I've been eyeing!!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have the spieglers and can't say I would recomend them. I got my front lines for $75 bucks at Mid-Ohio. They went on real easy, but I can't say they changed my stopping ability or feel for the brake any more. If I did it again I woudl do Galfer. Go w/ what the pros know.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Look at the bottom of this attachment. Kneedraggers is reporting that they don't have the coating on it. Maybe it's just this particular model! :idunno:

I see... disregard it say Goodridge-2 :smilebig:

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got galfer's on the front and like them. The stock pads are pretty good, or you can upgrade to the HH pads when you order from kneedraggers.com.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just ordered Galfer lines from DK. Should have them in about a week or so.
Can't wait to put them on :thumb:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just picked up some Spiegler lines. I haven't installed them on the new bike yet to test, but I honestly don't know how they would be any different than the Goodridge or Galfer lines. The standard replacement steel braided lines are all the same size and most of them probably all come from the same parts supplier. The only difference I would imagine would be the ends and how they are crimped to the line. Internal makeup, diameter, etc, should all be the same (except for the -2 lines which are smaller yet than the standard steel lines).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sounds good to me, I picked up a set of Speiglers at the Cleveland bike show; haggled him down to $70. I used to work for a B.F. Goodrich plant that made all kinds of hoses and SS braided was one of them. They sold it to a lot of different mfgrs, I wouldn't be surprised if Galfer, Goodridge and Spiegler all get their hose from the same supplier.

HD, are you sure all the air is out of your lines?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I want those galfers without the banjos on the calipers... Those are slick... Anyone got those?

·
Registered
705 Posts
"self installation will void warrantee".....damn, it looks like they just thread into the caliper like the banjo bolt would, what's up with that?

·
Registered
160 Posts
slowpoke said:
"self installation will void warrantee".....damn, it looks like they just thread into the caliper like the banjo bolt would, what's up with that?
True, but if you read the Warning on back of the standard Galfer SS brake lines it, says the same thing. :hmm:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts