Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on buying one out of the 2. i want to know the difference between the f4 and f3 when it comes to handling, throttle, braking, clutch, exceleration etc...is there a big difference between the two or are they both pretty much the same? i have the choice between an 00 f4 or a 98 f3.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well they are both very different machines.
F4 has new motor and chassis but most CBR fans will go for the 91-98 F2-F3
because of it's much sportier feel.
the F4 tends to be very nuetral/lazy in the handling dept and can give a few problems like the clutch pull rod breaking and not taking well to tuning...
where as the steel framed bikes (91-98) can take a lot of abuse and fell good all the time no matter how badly they are kept..
both give cam chain tensioner trouble, but a lock up manual tensioner solves all probs.

I would go for the F3 and if you want more power stick a blade motor in!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went from an F3 to an F4i.

The F3 handled fantastic from day one- bought it as a very low mile used one year old bike and I'm pretty sure the suspension was set to the stock settings.

Bought the F4i new and it was all over the road. The suspension was VERY soft and just wouldn't hold a line in a corner at all. I changed the settings to what Sport Rider magazine recommended, which helped a little bit but still not right. Finally had a pro race suspension guy set it up and he really cranked on it. Now it handles like it should but what a PITA to get it set right. I weigh 170 lbs btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts