Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is ur guys/gals thought:idunno: on putting HID on a bike or projectors with HID
thinking in making it my next project :evilaugh:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I think HID's are a good mod, everyone that fits them seems to think they are much better than standard bulbs. The problem in the UK is that they're not legal over here for bikes, from what I have seen recently....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fitted them to my 09 blade and have made a big difference in light output and also being seen by other drivers. As for the legality in the UK not sure, not been pulled for it and once fitted it's real easy to switch bulbs back if needed to passify a check.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
One other thing - apparently HID conversions work best where there are separate dipped and main beam bulbs - i.e. not H4 bulbs with combined dipped and main beams. This is because with the H4 HID conversions, there is apparently a small moving part powered by a small motor which changes the beam pattern from dipped to main.

With separate dipped / main bulbs there are simply 2 separate burners whcih switch accordiong to the light in use at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts