Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably gonna sell the 929 here soon and pick up a used 600 or 750 for track-only duties. I've mostly been looking for rashed-up R6s. I did a quick search for 750s and found this:

Cycle Trader Ad

So what's wrong with it?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ask them when you can send someone over to look at it. I'll say they probably will tell you that the bike is in Europe, but they will ship it to you if you wire them the money, etc. That's the latest scam. If so, tell Cycle Trader so they can pull the ad.

·
Registered
309 Posts
As my grandfather once said 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.'  I'll bet you grandfather told you the same thing.  Anyway I found another scam, er deal, in Cycletrader.
Cycle Bargain

Edit: grammar

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about calling the guy just to see if I could call it as BS or not. It sounds too good to be true and an alarm went off as soon as I saw the ad.

·
Registered
929 Posts
abtech : Nothing as long as the owner can provide a 'real' VIN and the bike actually exists (and doesn't belong to someone else . . .).
I had a similar 'deal' offered to me through a Seller on eBay (while bidding on another bike). The guy tells me the bike is in Italy, blah, blah, blah...send me the money and I will get it shipped to you. WHATEVER! I already removed the 'Im stupid' sign on my forehead from dealing with previous customer - not sure why he thought I was his gullible pawn to toy with.

Call him, confirm the VIN, and use your credit card for the purchase (fraud protection) if all looks kosher.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The phone number gives me a fax-signal. I emailed the turd-seller and contacted Cycle Trader.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is very discouraging. I've always liked Cycle Trader, but here's another scam. I called the number and it's bogus. I've emailed Cycle Trader about both articles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts