Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from motorcycles of course...

For me:
horticulture/rose competitions, article writing and Pharm Tech for jobs.
Silversmithing, lapidary, artquilts for own art/craft business.

Past: Tae Kwon Do, electric guitar (metal), weightlifting/bodybuilding, arts, science books, DnD (drow elf :D)

Present: Nature (birding/bats/bugs), heavy music, swing, blues, F1, nice shoes/boots and wine, collecting catfish from SA, orchids

Future: Aspiring gearhead and track riding. Too competitive to try racing - would be dead quickly :( Learning to build a garage foundation :eyebrows: so maybe DIYer. Sewing leather....

And YOU?

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Hmm...

Current - Well my stained glass hobby seems to have turned into a business all on it own and with designing and making things, promoting my shop, networking, etc., I don't seem to have much time for much else these days. I do have plans to go into glass jewellery as well though and I'm learning how to do that as well at the moment.

I do still enjoy chilling in front of the tv with a good movie and do enjoy a good read :thumb:

I still tend all the carnivorous plants I have in the garden too and they're doing really well this year :D

Past - Knitting, dressmaking, embroidery, painting and drawing.

Future - No idea as will see how far the stained glass business goes :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
I used to love reading and writing. Went through a lot of novels and wrote a ton of poetry. But now the writing flame has gone out I think. I still do read, but not as much as I used to. Currently reading a walk to remember by Nicholas sparks. I have some stuff I wrote online at LINK.

Current hobbies include, watching a **** load of movies. I watch like 2 movies a day. A day will come soon when they'll run out of movies and I'll have to re-watch the old ones again. Hmm how much does a movie critic make?

Also, I enjoy travelling, and when I'm not travelling I'm either thinking about my last trip or making plans about the next one.

Who doesn't like that? but as a hobby....:idunno:

·
Registered
226 Posts
R/C Aircraft, Motorcycling, Engine rebuilding, College (does that count?), Airbrushing, Powdercoating, Electronic circuits, Photography... If it is an hobby that is relatively expensive, I'm probably in it...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I like going to car shows... :)

I dont really have a ton of hobbies. I like riding haha, thats my biggest one.

I will admit, I do love to go fishing. None of this standing in a boat though, We go out and sit in little belly boats kicking around the mountain lakes with a fly rod. So relaxing.

I play guitar every once in awhile, should put more time into it and get better.

I also read books.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I design, re-design, and build vintage hand built vacuum Tube guitar amps. I just wish I could start making money doing it. It is more expensive a hobby than motorcycles.
I also work out but its not really a hobby. It's more like trying to live past 45 years old, and not leave my kids without a father.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use to be big into in RC cars and raced trucks years ago but now its just the bike and my spiders, I have a black widow and 10 tarantulas. I also collect other bugs like jumping or fishing spiders, praying mantis and centipedes.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Hmm...

Current - Well my stained glass hobby seems to have turned into a business all on it own and with designing and making things, promoting my shop, networking, etc., I don't seem to have much time for much else these days. I do have plans to go into glass jewellery as well though and I'm learning how to do that as well at the moment.

I do still enjoy chilling in front of the tv with a good movie and do enjoy a good red :thumb:

I still tend all the carnivorous plants I have in the garden too and they're doing really well this year :D

Past - Knitting, dressmaking, embroidery, painting and drawing.

Future - No idea as will see how far the stained glass business goes :D
There !Fixed that for ya Loopy. :thumb:;)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Aside from motorcycles of course...
That pretty much rules out most things for me then :)
I ride a lot, 49 different bikes so far this year by my count - anything from scooters to cruisers, to race bikes, quads and motocross bikes. Maintaining and modifying my vehicles takes up most of my time and income. I just licenced my GPX250R today that I've been putting together over the past few months. I also dragged out an EX250 engine I started building a few years ago but never finished as I didn't have a suitable project for it - now I do :)

Does parenting count as a hobby?
My daughter and her baby live next door so they take up a fair chunk of my energy more than my time. Got home at 0500 this morning after a night in the hospital with her (just a bad flu), as happens with new mums and their babies :)

How about learning?
I read a lot, we have more bookcases than any other furniture and we still have piles of books stacked in every room :) I haven't seen many Hollywood movies that have come out in the last twenty-five years or so (don't want to encourage them to keep producing crap). I watch more foreign language stuff these days, but I don't watch a lot of movies, or tv, or listen to radio, or read newspapers or magazines. I do enjoy watching live theatre but haven't been for a few years.
I also read/watch a lot of non-fiction stuff - and not all of it is about engine building or racing :) I'm also interested in aircraft and military history.

For lighter entertainment I lean toward computer flight simulation and British comedy.

When I was younger I rode some dirt bikes and jetskis (until I severely injured my right wrist at work) and did a lot of hunting and shooting including IPSC pistol shooting. I also played old-style wargames, mainly Advanced Squad Leader (which I still have).

Always been self-employed so time has always been at a premium.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also dragged out an EX250 engine I started building a few years ago but never finished as I didn't have a suitable project for it - now I do :)
:clap: post your project when you get going on that, I'll be watching for it.

How about learning?
I read a lot, we have more bookcases than any other furniture and we still have piles of books stacked in every room :)
I justified my bookcase walls by calling them 'insulation'. Stacks of MC magazines don't make very stable end tables though.:(

I haven't seen many Hollywood movies that have come out in the last twenty-five years or so (don't want to encourage them to keep producing crap).
Well said. Found a box of old movies at a flea market - it was brilliant - original stories, what a concept!

Setanta, I think you could make that hobby of Devil's Advocate into a profession. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:hmm:....I have alot of interests. but not much on the hobby front....

My main one, that keeps me busy & takes alot of my time trying to perfect is......
Annoying the hell outa Loopy:D

1 - 20 of 123 Posts