Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a new tire mounted and put the front wheel back on, torqued everything per service manual.

I don't know if this is normal or maybe the wheel bearings are going bad? Maybe bent rotor? Let me know what you guys think.

Front end - YouTube

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Looks like your caliper is binding, remove one caliper from its mounts and respin, then do the other see if you can locate which one is doing it. Would be worth removing the pads and giving the pistons a good clean with soapy water and a tooth brush. Ideally force the pistons out slightly clean them and push back in.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So I just got a new tire mounted and put the front wheel back on, torqued everything per service manual.

I don't know if this is normal or maybe the wheel bearings are going bad? Maybe bent rotor? Let me know what you guys think.

Front end - YouTube

I've seen a lot worse than that, but that's dragging too much for my liking.
Is the wheel in the same way around that it was before?
Are the discs on the same sides as before?
As already mentioned, loosen the calipers one at a time to determine if one is dragging. If it's the same without the calipers then loosen the axle and see if it improves.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

I took the calipers off the brackets, took the pads off. I used the brake system to push out the pistons to give them a cleaning and the piston closest to the MC moved freely with brake pressure. The other piston on the same caliper moved slightly but not much, the other side didn't move at all. Looks like I am going to split them both and replace the seals as well as give them a good cleaning.

On a side note, when I replaced the pads I cleaned the calipers(pistons pushed in) with simple green. Maybe that caused some gunk to get in there and make them stick/seize.:idunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts