Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 929 with dented rims. Rolls ok, but gets some vibration.

I have a totalled out Superhawk 996 with perfect rims at the shop. Are these rims the same? They look like the rims of a F4. I'm thinking that the rear one would work fine and the front one would only need me to change the axle/bearings. Am I right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
I'm not sure. I guess if you get the wheel spacing right.... What about brake rotors? Will the 929 rotors fit on the other rims? Brakes and wheel spacing, then you should have it. I think..... :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
The rear rim might work with spacers, but the SH a 5.5 inch where-as the cbr has a 6 inch, I believe. I have a warped rotor hanging on my wall (great art :eyebrows: ) from both my old superhawk and my newer 954. They are not interchangable. The radius of rotor bolts is much larger for the 954.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
johnnyboym said:
The rear rim might work with spacers, but the SH a 5.5 inch where-as the cbr has a 6 inch, I believe. I have a warped rotor hanging on my wall (great art :eyebrows: ) from both my old superhawk and my newer 954. They are not interchangable. The radius of rotor bolts is much larger for the 954.
That's that.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I found that this morning when I looked at the Superhawk closely.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait for a pair to come available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Are the 929 and 954 wheels and sproket and bits all interchangeable?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
firebladetoronto said:
Are the 929 and 954 wheels and sproket and bits all interchangeable?
Yep... I think you saw me putting on my spare rim last year at the Gap, it's off my 929, used the same spocket carrier, sprocket & disc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
cbr99xx said:
Yep... I think you saw me putting on my spare rim last year at the Gap, it's off my 929, used the same spocket carrier, sprocket & disc.

Cool, looking for a spare set of rims for my race bike...thanks for the info...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
firebladetoronto said:
Cool, looking for a spare set of rims for my race bike...thanks for the info...

There is a difference in the appearance of the wheels, the 954 wheels look as though they were lightened. The material inside the disc (on the wheel) has been trimmed away and spokes also have holes in them. This is the only difference that I can see.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top