Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

First time on this great forum :)

I have in the last week purchased my first Honda Fireblade.

Its a 1995 M reg and I was wondering, can you give me some tips on how to wheelie correctly on this bike, without hurting myself or others around me ?

For example, do I need to use the clutch, or just whack the throttle open etc ?

I a newbie to wheelies, but the other day on my first outing on the Blade I was doin 130mph and I came to the crest of this hill and the front wheel lifted, so I figure if this is going to be a regluar occurance then I would like to know what it feels like when it does it and how to control it.

Many thanks and I hope this will be a great forum :)

Cheers :D

Matt.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
CBR_900_RR said:
What kinda advice is that ???
The sitting on the fence and waiting for the backlash type of advice.

:popcorn:

:welcome: to the org by the way. But you might be in for a bit of a hammering to begin with. If you do a search of Wheelie and double check the rules then you will understand why.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
matt232 said:
Here we are......took me a little while to find it but item #8 would be of interest to you.

General Rules

Its probably not too late to edit your first post.
:wstupid:

Matt, one of the issues you will find discussed here is the phuked up cost of insurance. One of the things, IMHO, that causes the high insurance is people on hi-horsepower bikes frigging around when they don't know how to handle them properly, nor do they have the respect that should with owning one of these machines. I'm not saying you can't handle a bike, and I'm not saying you don't have respect for your 'Blade, but I think we will all agree that when your first post here is asking how to wheelie, that, my friend, doesn't give us a very good impression. Many of the riders who frequent this site are looking to promote anyone riding for a long and healthy life.

Basically, and once again, IMHO, if you had the skills to handle this ride properly, and had the respect for it, you wouldn't need to post this crud.

Cheers, and ride safe, please.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
:wstupid:

Matt, one of the issues you will find discussed here is the phuked up cost of insurance. One of the things, IMHO, that causes the high insurance is people on hi-horsepower bikes frigging around when they don't know how to handle them properly, nor do they have the respect that should with owning one of these machines. I'm not saying you can't handle a bike, and I'm not saying you don't have respect for your 'Blade, but I think we will all agree that when your first post here is asking how to wheelie, that, my friend, doesn't give us a very good impression. Many of the riders who frequent this site are looking to promote anyone riding for a long and healthy life.

Basically, and once again, IMHO, if you had the skills to handle this ride properly, and had the respect for it, you wouldn't need to post this crud.

Cheers, and ride safe, please.

Too late for that edit, the sharks have stopped circling.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I don't have as much of a problem with this gentleman asking how to "safely wheelie", but I do have a problem with:

"I a newbie to wheelies, but the other day on my first outing on the Blade I was doin 130mph and I came to the crest of this hill and the front wheel lifted, . . ."

Since you didn't mention being on a track, I can only assume that you live in Germany and were driving on the Autobahn, or you were basically just being a bonehead. Cresting a hill on the street at 130 is about one of the dumbest things anyone could do. What if there was a construction crew or a stalled car on the other side of the crest? What about a dog or a small child?

Take this somewhere else . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.