Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all! i live in san francisco and ride a 954. now i don't know if it's just me or what but i don't see many cbr's, especially the 954's. i mostly see r6's and gxsr's rollin around. personally i don't have anything against yamaha's or suzuki's but im just alittle curious as to why i don't see as many honda's.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Well, let's see, we have R6's, Gixxers, AND San Francisco. Do you see a pattern emerging here? J/K, I have no idea why you don't see more CBR's. And, welcome, if I haven't already welcomed you

·
Registered
80 Posts
buccass I think you hit the nail on the head. LOL

Curious about you nick name. Buckass?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
buccass, Buckass - WTF man, I never messed wif you  
Yeah, I'm very curious, let me have it man!

Edit: Or were you asking me what Bacchus meant? If so, in Greek and Roman mythology, Bacchus was the god of wine and revelry, son of Zeus. 'Cause I sure do like a glass or three of good red, and like to revel also

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah I am down here in San Jose and see a lot of the same bikes especially R6's every body and their brother has one. But F4i's and 600RR's are breeding at night and multiplying, trying to take over!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Bacchus @ July 29 2003, 2:39am)Yeah, I'm very curious, let me have it man!
As in bi-curious?    
Well, he did say LET ME HAVE IT!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I don't see many around here either, but I hardly see sportbikes at all. The vast majority of bikes here are cruisers.
My buddy at the local dealer says the CBRs are selling well, but I don't know where they're hiding 'em.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here it seems to be the opposite. I met up with about 20 riders on Monday night and 7 of us were on 954's. We outnumbered GSXR's of all sizes and Yamaha.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Serial Thriller : I don't know where they're hiding 'em.
Wadded shortly after sale and sitting behind the dealer waiting for insurance claims/repairs?

Most of the ones I see around here are ridden by the sneaker/shorts/wife-beater wearin' contingency.  Its a rare sight to see one ridden by someone in appropriate gear.

(I'll get off of my soapbox, now... man, I've been in a pissy mood lately - sorry! )

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
BizJetGuy : Quote (Serial Thriller @ July 29 2003, 10:15am)I don't know where they're hiding 'em.
Wadded shortly after sale and sitting behind the dealer waiting for insurance claims/repairs?
My first look at a 954 was in the back of the shop at my stealer. It never made the showroom.

Squid pre-paid, picked up the bike and then brought it back a few days later smashed all to hell...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Baketech : My first look at a 954 was in the back of the shop at my stealer. It never made the showroom.

Squid pre-paid, picked up the bike and then brought it back a few days later smashed all to hell...
The stealer I used to work for about ten years ago (as a tech, paying my way through aircraft maintenance school) used to call those guys 'grave riders'.  You could see 'em coming a mile away...they would finance every penny of the bike (usually through the secondary lender since Honda Finance wouldn't approve them) and then pick it up wearing no safety gear other than a helmet - only because it's the law here.

There would usually be a wager between sales guys as to when the bike would come back wadded.  Typically the wagers ranged from hours to one or two days.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Serial Thriller : I don't see many around here either, but I hardly see sportbikes at all. The vast majority of bikes here are cruisers.
My buddy at the local dealer says the CBRs are selling well, but I don't know where they're hiding 'em.
Where are you in Louisiana?  There is a good amount of sportbikes in Baton Rouge and more in New Orleans..

plus you can check out RocketMadness theres about 400 or so Louisiana sportbike riders signed up there.

As for the topic, around here I mostly see R1s and gixxers. But like Serial said, cruisers outnumber sportbikes by a LOT down here...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
When I traded in my Triumph for my 954, which was the third one that came in, the other 2 were already in the back, wadded.. I asked the owner of the shop what percentage of sportbikes he sold came back wrecked, and he said, 'Pretty much all of them, except some of the Ducatis which never get ridden because they're too uncomfortable for the rich guys that buy them...' Uncomfortable silence followed.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts