Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 929 and picked up a 954 and it needs a left, front and rear fairing replaced. Just looking for some good recommendable places to check out.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I sold my 929 and picked up a 954 and it needs a left, front and rear fairing replaced. Just looking for some good recommendable places to check out.

Ebay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard nothing but praise forhttp://www.ozzymotorcyclefairings.com.au an Australian firm that I first read about in the British motorcycle magazine Practical Sportsbike.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I got my fairings from them very good. But they are a reseller of china kits.. Don't know who they use but quality is good but still not oem, not the cbr900 ones anyway I think some moulds are better then others. The gsxr tail they provided was better than oem!! Paint quality is also very good but some rough edges etc but a fraction of the cost of a paint job in Europe. As they say you get what you pay for but overall I think 99% of people would be happy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lambchops: It was the article about your bike in PS that pointed me in their direction. Great looking bike you have and a lovely article!

·
Registered
6 Posts
my lower fairing on my bike got damaged due to all these road works we have in SA . I want to replace that with carbon fiber because I cant find decent belly , only full sets! Only problem with the CF it very pricey

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
my lower fairing on my bike got damaged due to all these road works we have in SA . I want to replace that with carbon fiber because I cant find decent belly , only full sets! Only problem with the CF it very pricey

If your OEM bellypan was damaged by the roads is it sensible to replace it with a more expensive item that is also likely to get damaged?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Indeed ! I returned from a rally and when stopped at home I noticed something is not so nice and to my shock I noted the belly is damaged ! The sad thing is the set is brand new , the bike and I had a meeting with the tar a year ago and lucky for me only the left side fairings got damaged as my leg saved it from to much damage! ankle broke and looked worse then bike :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright, thanks for the input. Ebay is hit and miss. they are all priced about the same and look the same. I will check into that ozzy company. Thanks all

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have done more research on this subject than most so I'll chime in. The main thing to worry about when looking aftermarket is make sure they are INJECTION MOLDED and NOT compression molded yet seems like no one on the forums seem to mention this... There is a huge difference in fitment. Injection molded is usually a little more expensive but not by much. You can still pickup a kit for around $500 shipped.

Injection molded is where your mounting tabs actually look like a stock mounting tab. After much research I found the most positive reviews to be from a company called Fribest. Here is their website: motorcycle fairing kit_fairing stay bracket_headlight

I ordered my first set from them last week and they told me I'll have it in 3 weeks when I ordered. That is faster than anyone on Ebay. They were very willing to customize my kit too which was nice.

Here is a review of one of their kits: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/94403-cbr-954-hannspree-redbull-fairing-gp-pipe-writeup-inclusive.html

I will post a review once I receive them in a few weeks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts