Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a place that sells them cheaper than a regular local shop?

-Shrub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't look like they have any.... :crap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh...I guess I could see that. Eeek said he just goes through the local shop. I guess you could get them race day too. I thought I found a place online a few weeks ago that had them but I can't seem to find it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
I get mine from SportTire, but they are at the local races. I think they require you to have a racing licence to buy from them, but I could be wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G-Force Junkie said:
I get mine from SportTire, but they are at the local races. I think they require you to have a racing licence to buy from them, but I could be wrong.
I just finished filling out my AFM paperwork. It goes out in tomorrows mail. :freebird:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
I've always got mine at the track on race weekends. But there are a couple of websites I had bookmarked, unfortunately they're dead links now. One was for Dunlops and the other was California Race Services (Pirelli, Metz, and B-Stones). Anyway it's great to see you're joining the AFM. I'll see you at the end of March!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rawrider said:
What Brand were you interested in getting? Do they have to be slicks?
Actually I was just looking for a buddy of mine. I plan on riding some Dragon Supercorsas till I get tire warmers, then I might go with slicks.

-Shrub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,003 Posts
WetShrub said:
Actually I was just looking for a buddy of mine. I plan on riding some Dragon Supercorsas till I get tire warmers, then I might go with slicks.

-Shrub
If your buddy races, he should already know where to buy them. I like buying them at the track. That way you get current info on the psi and compounds running that day (not like it truelly matters for guys like me. But still nice).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
WetShrub said:
Actually I was just looking for a buddy of mine. I plan on riding some Dragon Supercorsas till I get tire warmers, then I might go with slicks.

-Shrub
Well, FWIW, I have @ 5 sets of Pirelli Supercorsa Diablos & 5 sets of Dunlop 208gp's if anyone is interested. All new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
nedro said:
If your buddy races, he should already know where to buy them. I like buying them at the track. That way you get current info on the psi and compounds running that day (not like it truelly matters for guys like me. But still nice).
Actually my buddy has never raced, nor ever done a track day. I tried to convince him to go a similar route that I am going. Try it with the DOT tires first (since he doesn't have tire warmers either) until you get used to the lean angles and speeds. This guy is some what of a moron when it comes to common sense purchases. He is turning his deer totaled F4 into a race bike. At any rate, he wants to know where to get slicks so that he can spend 3 laps each track day and race warming them up so that he can ride a couple laps at good tire temp before having to pit. Stupid.

Edit: He doesn't even have an easy-up yet. Priorities are out of whack. He buys an aftermarket pipe before replacing warped brake rotors... :loony:

-Shrub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,725 Posts
WetShrub said:
Actually my buddy has never raced, nor ever done a track day. I tried to convince him to go a similar route that I am going. Try it with the DOT tires first (since he doesn't have tire warmers either) until you get used to the lean angles and speeds. This guy is some what of a moron when it comes to common sense purchases. He is turning his deer totaled F4 into a race bike. At any rate, he wants to know where to get slicks so that he can spend 3 laps each track day and race warming them up so that he can ride a couple laps at good tire temp before having to pit. Stupid.

Edit: He doesn't even have an easy-up yet. Priorities are out of whack. He buys an aftermarket pipe before replacing warped brake rotors... :loony:

-Shrub
INTERVENTION! INTERVENNNNNNNTION!!!!!
Your friend is going to get himself killed. Baby steps... :crap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
This is one case where I wish the Tire Dealers would hold the line about not selling to anyone who is not a licensed racer in a recognized organization. But then I wish drug dealers didn't sell to kids either . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
Just tell your friend to get a set of Michelin H2s. They really are great tires. Slicks are for people who need them. Until your friend starts blistering some Track/Street tires he wont need slicks. The H2s really are basically slicks, just some little cresent treads between the center and edge of tire.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,711 Posts
WetShrub said:
Edit: He doesn't even have an easy-up yet. Priorities are out of whack. He buys an aftermarket pipe before replacing warped brake rotors... :loony:

-Shrub
:eek: He won't replace warped rotors? Just wait until the brake lever hits the bar going into T1... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are right, the guy is a little whacked in the dome. He is a very good street rider but a little aggressive sometimes. The only problem is he is also very stubborn when he thinks he is right. He won't take advice from some one more experienced. I don't think of myself as extremely experienced but I do take advice and try to make the most sensible choices about riding and racing. This guy just gets something set in his mind and goes for it. He even gets offended when people tell him he is making a mistake. He has a lot of riding skill and I think he would do great on the track but he also needs to take advice from people regarding the logistics instead of just learning from trial by error. I keep telling him to just do 1 track day on regular tires before doing anything else. He won't listen. I know his street speeds will slow after his first track day. He will also get a big lesson on track speeds vs. street speeds. He just has no concept yet of what the difference is. Hopefully he figures it out before the racing season.

-Shrub
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top