Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, there are three lines that run from the gas tank, two are venting hoses, one small/one big, the third line runs from the fuel valve, where does it attach too, for the life of me, I cannot find where it goes, I need some direction please.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I have found the answer... am I correct saying that the 1999 Fireblade has three vent hoses that hang down, two small and one bigger line which is a fuel overflow line, I hope this is the case.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i have a similar problem at the mo, had the tank off to replace the plugs and airfilter, she ran for a few minutes after i done the work, then died. wont start now!, she turns over and i get one 'umph' which is probably the fuel burning but then thats it, no starting. im wondering do i need to some how prime the fuel system or is rfeconnecting the disconnected hoses, and turning the fuel flow back on simply enough to refill the lines?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i have a similar problem at the mo, had the tank off to replace the plugs and airfilter, she ran for a few minutes after i done the work, then died. wont start now!, she turns over and i get one 'umph' which is probably the fuel burning but then thats it, no starting. im wondering do i need to some how prime the fuel system or is rfeconnecting the disconnected hoses, and turning the fuel flow back on simply enough to refill the lines?
Did you connect the vacuum line?
I once connected the vacuum line onto the head of a screw (doing it by feel) and it took me a while to work out why my GSXR wouldn't run :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts