Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct. are there any other main ground points other than the main ground point under the BAS, the red junction in the middle of the harness and the green junction by the headlights?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
correct. are there any other main ground points other than the main ground point under the BAS, the red junction in the middle of the harness and the green junction by the headlights?

On top of the swingarm mounting bracket I think?
If you're concerned about the ECU not earthing check for continuity between battery negative and the earth pin in the ECU harness connector.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
perhaps i should elaborate more...

btw good call on the continuity test. im just tired, been staring at this bike for a few hours.

i believe i'm not getting the switched ground from the ecu for the fuel pump cutoff relay. the brown wire w/black stripe.

the engine cut switch, run switch, ignition switch, BAS, fuses all function. if i jump the fuel cut relay it runs fine.

is there a way i can test the brown wire with the black stripe for a signal?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've been through everything i could find searchimg several forums and it seems as though the ecu must be bad.

it seems to me that the engine wouldnt run period if the ecm was damaged but perhaps i've just lost that one particular circuit? wtf?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you followed up with this?? I cannot for the life of me figure out the issue myself. And I am having the EXACT same issue with the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the same issue, had spare relays, ecu, harness, switches, bas, and etc off a parts bike. I can only assume that it’s a bad ground circuit in both ecus controlling the particular ground to the fuel cut relay. I ended up tapping a ground into the brown/wire ground that heads back into the ecu. Ran it to the negative terminal on the battery. Now the fuel pump is controlled by the kill switch and the ignition. I don’t have the ecu prime anymore. But the bike now runs great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts